3D Animation Full-Time Faculty
The Animation department of the Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA) invites applications for a full-time position with a multi-year renewable contract in a non-tenure institution.
Begins: Fall 2012
The college is seeking an inspiring 3D computer animation specialist who will complement our animation faculty team; who can be a great mentor for our students; and who is willing to help develop new courses and curricula for our department. The program offers 2D, 3D and stop-motion animation. MICA's Animation students are encouraged to focus on concept and ideas over techniques, to take risks and to develop their own voices as artists.
Responsibilities include teaching three undergraduate studio classes each semester and participation in institutional, department, and committee service. In addition to teaching, all full-time faculty are expected to pursue research and/or professional engagements that contribute to the educational mission of the department and the college.
* MFA in animation or a related field
* Teaching experience at the college or equivalent level.
* A strong background in traditional 3D animation film-making
* Connections with the animation industry
* Outstanding portfolio of personal and professional work.
* Fluency with relevant digital tools and applications
* Interest in exploring new technologies
* A personal vision reflected in his/her own work and teaching philosophy
* Successful Candidate will be required to complete a full background check
Valued but not required:
* 5 years of full-time teaching experience
* 5 years of professional animation experience
* Knowledge of traditional 2D animation
* Knowledge of and ability to teach the history of animation
* Administrative experience
Salary: Commensurate with experience and college policy; excellent benefits package.
Apply: The search committee will review applications as received. Although materials received by January 20, 2012 are best assured of receiving full consideration, the position will remain open until filled. All inquiries, nominations, and applications will be held in the strictest confidence.
For the full position description see our Careers at MICA website link on http://www.mica.edu/hr.
To be considered for the position please apply online through SlideRoom (https://micahr.slideroom.com/)
Once you have navigated to SlideRoom you will be asked to login or create a login. If you are creating an account you will be sent an email with instructions to activate your SlideRoom account. You will not be able to login and apply until you have activated your account.
Once you have logged in please follow these instructions. These instructions will also be posted in SlideRoom as you are applying.
Submit through SlideRoom:
* One multi-page pdf document that includes:
o Letter of application
o Curriculum Vitae
o Statement describing areas of expertise, research, and professional accomplishments
o Statement of teaching philosophy
o Names, phone numbers, and email addresses for three references
* Screen-resolution documentation of recent work:
o Sample should be a short scene, trailer or sample reel from a film.
o Up to four minutes in length.
o Format: h.264 (.mov file)
o Resolution: 380x213 (16:9 HD)
o KBPS: 2000
o Audio: AAC, 48 kHz, 128 kbps
o Maximum file size of 60 MB
Full-resolution work documentation may be requested from you at a future date.
Links to live URLs may be submitted as well, but will be considered as a secondary source.
MICA cannot accept, review or be responsible for hardcopies or original copies of portfolio materials. Please do not submit supplemental or original portfolio materials, as they will not be considered or returned.