Aguas Migrantes is continuing our annual film festival, for it's third year! Artists are invited to submit video work that corresponds to this year's theme: trueque, a means of exchange beyond currency.
We are being called to layout new ways of being and coexisting with one another. The principle of Sankofa teaches us to bring beneficial aspects of past traditions in order to shape our future. As our ancestors exchanged goods and services without standardized currency, how do/can we carry on that tradition to inform our art and practice?
- No entry fee
- Include a short artist statement
- All genres & styles are welcome
- Up to 3 short films (30 mins max) via Vimeo,
Youtube or yr website
- Works not in Spanish must have subtitles within
3 weeks of acceptance
- Send work to email@example.com by
SUNDAY 6/20, 11:59pm PST
We look forward to reviewing your submission!