• Visiting Assistant Professor in Art and Design
• Complete position details: http://visualstudies.art.gvsu.edu/vs2016.html
• Teaching Visual Studies and Foundations
• Grand Valley State University in Allendale, Michigan
• Department of Art and Design/ College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
• Beginning August 29, 2016
• MFA (or comparable degree) with in-depth working knowledge in the use of digital media in art and design.
• Deep practice and knowledge in the use of time-based and interactive media.
• Familiarity and facility with theory relevant to Visual Studies, New Media, Foundations, and Contemporary Art and Design.
• Ability to organize and maintain a healthy studio environment with engaging studio activities and projects.
• Successful candidates will be able to work in digital media in relation to other studio and intellectual ways of knowing and working. Visual Studies is organized to operate integrally with other visual and academic methodologies within the department, University, and community.
• Awareness and experience in the formation, presentation and critique of culture.
• Knowledge and skill to teach one or more of the six Foundations courses.
Teach three courses per semester in a NASAD accredited undergraduate program with approximately 300 majors. Teaching responsibilities will include Visual Studies courses (primarily Time Studio and Interactive Studio), a foundation course about contemporary practices Art 153 Making and Meaning in Art and Design, and other courses as needed: Drawing 1 and 2, 2D Design, 3D Design, or Color and Design.
Full Time; Competitive; commensurate with rank and experience; one year contract, renewable up to three years.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send an email expressing your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include link(s) to online samples of work and samples of student work. Attach a CV, a list of 3 references, and any other pertinent documents (letter, teaching statement, artist statement). Please include an overview of time-based and interactive processes and technologies indicating level of proficiency for each (familiar, competent, expert).
Position is open until filled. Given the tight timeline send your materials asap: applications will be reviewed immediately upon receipt. Send by August 5th to assure full consideration.
Please direct any questions about the position to Paul Wittenbraker, Professor of Art, coordinator of Visual Studies at email@example.com.