Madrid Arte y Cultura S.A (MACSA) announces a job opening for the new Medialab-Prado director.
Medialab-Prado is a program part of the Department of Arts, Sports and Tourism of the Madrid City Council. It is conceived as a citizen laboratory for the production, research and dissemination of cultural projects that explore collaborative forms of experimentation and learning that have emerged from digital networks.
Director is responsible for:
1. The accounting, financial and artistic aspects of Medialab-Prado.
2. Organizing the Medialab-Prado annual program.
3. Implementing the artistic, technical and research and development Medialab-Prado Project.
4. Coordinating Medialab-Prado board meetings, as well as the relationship with the Área de Gobierno de Las Artes (Art Management Department), MACSA and other institutions in the city.
5. Representing Medialab-Prado before third parties.
6. Promoting the raising of external resources to balance the local council’s contribution.
7. Coordinating the search and administration of funds for collaborative projects within the European Union.
8. Coordinating the Medialab-Prado staff and establishing their work schedules.
9. Overseeing the general operation of Medialab-Pro, the contracts and activity expenses, as well as general services such as security, cleaning and maintenance.
10. Elaborating operation budgets and controlling their allocation.
11. Proposing the management strategy for Medialab-Prado together with structuring the direction and board.
12. Participating in the development of the annual activities plan.
13. Keeping MACSA informed in regards to digital culture.
14. The daily activity of teams, workshops and programs.
Download pdf for complete description of the position: