The Center for Interdisciplinary Research in Media, Arts and Engineering (CIRMAE) at Arizona State University is announcing an ideal opportunity for an Education Manager to create and supervise a fluid media, arts & engineering graduate curriculum in an interdisciplinary research environment. CIRMAE was co-created by the Herberger College of Fine Arts (HCFA) (http://herbergercollege.asu.edu) and the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences (CEAS) (http://www.eas.asu.edu/CEAS/). It is housed at the internationally known Institute for Studies in the Arts (http://isa.asu.edu).
CIRMAE, in collaboration with participating Departments, offers graduate media, arts, and technology concentrations in six disciplines (electrical engineering, computer science and engineering, music, theatre, visual arts, dance). CIRMAE is to evolve into a Media, Arts and Engineering Department by the 2006-2007 academic year.
Responsibilities: This position works with the faculty and staff from CIRMAE and participating Departments and Colleges to:
* Manage the existing arts and technology and media and arts concentrations.
* Create and manage a proactive student recruitment and retention plan that supports the CIRMAE research agenda for student recruitment on and off campus.
* Establish and manage an aggressive student placement program for CIRMAE graduates.
* Develop and evolve the CIRMAE curriculum in conjunction with the CIRMAE research agenda.
* Integrate graduate student work into the research activities of CIRMAE
* Establish and manage on-line arts and technology/media and arts courses for undergraduates, faculty and non-degree students.
* Incorporate educational and student activities in the overall CIRMAE outreach and promotion activities.
* Prepare the evolution of CIRMAE into a department.
Terminal degree in arts, or media, or engineering, or education or related field; experience in media/arts curriculum development appropriate to rank.
Evidence of knowledge of media and mediated arts tools, technologies and processes.
Application process: Please submit a CV, a letter of application detailing the reasons you are applying for the position and how it fits in your professional plans, and 3 professional references with names and addresses to:
Frances Salas, Chair of Search
Education Manager, Ref. Job # 7384
PO Box 873302
Tempe, AZ 85287-3302
Application deadline is April 1, 2003; if not filled, 1st of the month thereafter until search is closed. The anticipated start date is August 15th 2003. ASU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.