CALL FOR BOOK CHAPTERS PROPOSALS
"META-PLASTICITY IN VIRTUAL WORLDS:AESTHETICS AND SEMANTICS CONCEPTS"
Edited by Dr.Gianluca Mura,Politecnico di Milano University,Italy
To be published by IGI Global: http://www.igi-global.com/requests/details.asp?ID=630
This publication is anticipated to be released in the second half of 2010.
September 30,2009: Full Chapter Submission
October 5,2009: Author's acceptance notification
Authors are invited to submit on or before September 30th 2009.
The chapter length should be of about 10000 words(about 10 pages).
Authors of accepted proposals will be notified by October 5,2009.
All submitted chapters will be reviewed on a double-blind review
1) It should be an original paper not previously published elsewhere.
2) Please,don't send anymore Second Life projects or based on SL.
Inquiries and submissions can be forwarded electronically
(Word document) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
BOOK PROJECT DESCRIPTION
The concept of virtual worlds is strongly related to the current
innovations of new media communication. This book offers an
interdisciplinary approach to virtual world studies focused on
aesthetics and semantics principles from science,technology,media arts
and design. It is important for researchers and practitioners
interested in this area to understand the actual criteria for creating
virtual worlds' as well as their further evolution, regarding system
architecture,information visualization and human interaction.
Objective of the Book
This book gives in-depth coverage of the state-of-the-art among the
best international research experiences of virtual world concept
creations from a wide range of media culture fields, at the edge of
artistic and scientific inquiry and emerging technologies. It will be
written for professionals, researchers, artists and designers who want
to improve their understanding of the strategic role of virtual worlds
within the development of digital communication.
Recommended topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Virtual world projects, concepts, methodologies in
design,arts&humanities,science and technology
- Imaginary and creative virtual worlds
- Artwork,performances,installations media arts concepts and projects
- Information visualization within arts and scientific visualization
- Virtual reality,augmented and mixed reality studies and applications
- Human computer interaction and user interfaces studies and applications
- Human issues in virtual worlds
- Social communities in virtual worlds
- User generated 3D content
- Innovative 3D graphics,Web,Web3D,multimedia studies and applications
- Advanced interfaces and Interactive 3D immersive systems
- Real-time interactive networked media in Mobile mixed reality
- Wearable interfaces and tangible interfaces for 3D media
- Online videogames and edutainment projects
- Virtual worlds in education and training
- Virtual heritage projects
- Animated humanoid (avatars),virtual life,body and
mind extensions,metacreations studies
- 3D modelling,animation,simulation studies and applications
- Virtual worlds in industrial systems design
Looking forward to receiving your chapter proposals,