Rhizome.org is seeking a responsible, professional and energetic individual to work with the Executive Director on institutional development and related financial planning. This internship will offer valuable hands-on experience and significant responsibility. The ideal candidate is highly organized and efficient, has experience with grants and budgets and is either a student at or recent graduate of an arts administration program or business school. Exceptional candidates with equivalent experience may also be considered.
* Collect and organize grant application and reporting materials based existing grant schedule
* Update grant schedule as needed
* Prepare grant budgets based on existing organizational budgets and discussion with program staff
* Coordinate writing of grants with program staff
* Assemble and post completed grant application and report materials
* Additional or alternative responsibilities, such as major donor campaigns, are also possible
Required Knowledge and Skills:
* Knowledge of grant application and reporting process
* Allocation of income and expenses in grant budgets
* High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
Hours: 20+ hours per week
Dates: January 15 - April 15, 2003
How to apply: Please send a cover letter in the body of an email message with resume attached as MS Word or RTF document to Mark Tribe .
Note: This is an unpaid internship; if you plan to receive credit for this work, we will be happy complete any necessary forms.