The Keyholder Residency Program offers emerging artists free 24-hour access to professional printmaking facilities to develop new work and explore printmaking as a medium. Residencies are one year long and take place in the Printshop’s shared Artists’ Studio. Facilities are available for intaglio, relief, monoprint, waterbased silkscreen techniques, digital processes, and other techniques that employ the tools at hand.
Keyholders work independently, in a productive atmosphere alongside other contemporary artists. They are not required to have any printmaking experience; facilities can be used for creative work in various mediums. Basic instruction in printmaking is available for new Keyholders and while technical assistance is not included in the program, it is available at additional cost. Participation is limited and competitive. Applications are evaluated by a committee of artists, curators, and critics based on the quality of submitted artwork. Artists without a studio space are encouraged to apply.
Keyholder Residency includes:
• 24-hour studio access
• $500 stipend
• storage space
• basic supplies (newsprint, blotters, solvents, cleaners)
• 20% discount on all Printshop classes
• free digital documentation of selected works produced during the residency
• inclusion in the Printshop's permanent art and image collection
• promotion in the Printshop's quarterly newsletter and website
• opportunity to show new work in exhibitions, open studio events, and other public events presented by the Printshop
• Only legal US residents may apply
• Former recipients of the Keyholder Residency, Fully Sponsored Keyholder Residency, or Scholarship Keyholder Residency are not eligible
• Students enrolled in any kind of degree program at the time of the residency are not eligible
• Keyholder Residencies are limited to emerging artists only. The Printshop defines emerging artists as under-recognized and under-represented artists at early stages in their careers
DEADLINE: March 2, 2009
Drop off or postmark, no exceptions.
The Printshop will be open on Monday, March 2, 2008 until 6pm.
Please go to http://printshop.org/web/Create/KeyholderResidences/Guidelines.html for more information or email Courtenay at firstname.lastname@example.org