We are well into our annual Fundraising Campaign. Once again, we need your support. Several artists have donated prints, posters, books, musical scores, DVDs and more. Visit http://turbulence.org/fundraiser\_08.
2008 was our most active year yet. We launched 30 COMMISSIONED works on Turbulence.org and Networked\_Music\_Review; co-presented two exhibitions - MIXED REALITIES (with Ars Virtua and Huret & Spector Gallery) and LUMENS (with Greylock Arts and MCLA Gallery 51); co-presented two symposia - FLOATING POINTS 5: MIXED REALITIES (with Emerson College) and PROGRAMMABLE MEDIA II: NETWORKED\_MUSIC (with Pace Digital Gallery); co-presented UPGRADE! BOSTON (with Massachusetts College of Art and Design); and participated in Upgrade! International: CHAIN REACTION (Skopje Macedonia).
What You Can Expect In 2009
1. NETWORKED: A (NETWORKED\_BOOK) ABOUT (NETWORKED\_ART): we are breaking ground once again with this innovative project that received a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts. Currently underway is an international competition in which five writers will be commissioned ($3,000 US each) to develop “chapters” that will be open for revision, commentary, and translation by online collaborators. http://turbulence.org/networked
2. FLOATING POINTS 6: GAME OF CULTURE | ART OF GAMES: the sixth in our annual speaker series with Emerson College, this will be a day-long symposium with world-renowned speakers. We will also be screening Marcin Ramocki and Justin Strawhand's 8 BIT documentary (March 20-21).
3. PACE DIGITAL GALLERY (New York): three new works by New York artists commissioned especially for this exhibition (spring).
4. UPGRADE! BOSTON: now in its 5th year, our monthly speaker series continues at Massachusetts College of Art and Design.
5. TURBULENCE.ORG: new commissions, new works launched.
6. NETWORKED\_PERFORMANCE and NETWORKED\_MUSIC\_REVIEW: we will continue to bring you news, interviews, projects, events, and publications of interest.
If you value these resources and wish to have access to them in the future PLEASE MAKE A DONATION NOW! (tax deductible for US residents). No amount is too small! Pay via the PayPal button on the Turbulence homepage: http://turbulence.org. Or send a check to New Radio and Performing Arts, Inc., 124 Bourne Street, Roslindale, MA 02131.
Thanks for your generous support.
Jo-Anne Green and Helen Thorington
New Radio and Performing Arts, Inc.