ZERO1: The Art and Technology Network is seeking a part-time Curatorial Coordinator to assist the Curator and Director of Programs in the planning, production, and execution of ZER01’s year-round programming, including exhibitions, performances, artist talks, workshops, Biennial pre-planning, documentation, and tours. The Curatorial Coordinator will assist with curatorial research and administrative tasks, help manage project schedules and budgets, coordinate with artists related to exhibition planning and installation, contribute to the ZERO1 blog and social media, work with ZERO1 Fellows, staff events, and help plan current and upcoming programs for the ZERO1 Garage.
The position is part-time and is based at the ZERO1 Garage in San Jose, CA.
A $5,000 stipend is available, payable in monthly installments. Must be able to work in the U.S.
The position duration is September 16, 2013 – December 31, 2013. The position requires a minimum commitment of 16 hours per week, with the ability to work evenings or weekends during scheduled events.
• A high level of familiarity with contemporary art and a particular interest in “new media” art, technology, and digital culture
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Experience managing budgets and project schedules
• Excellent writing and communications skills
• Willingness to contribute as needed and the ability to work independently
• Computer proficiency is a must, basic Photoshop and video editing skills are preferred
• Curatorial and project management experience and graduate-level studies in a field such as curatorial practice, contemporary art history, or studio art are preferred
Please e-mail a letter of interest and resume to apply[at]zero1[dot]org. Review of applications will begin immediately.