The School of Art at Louisiana State University seeks a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor in the area of Virtual Production and Immersive Media to begin in the academic year 2022-2023 in partnership with the Digital Media Arts & Engineering and School of Theater's Film & TV BFA program. Successful applicants may also be considered for a joint appointment between units. The school is seeking an innovative and dedicated practitioner and educator, with demonstrable skills related to traditional / virtual production and immersive media. Expertise is desired in areas such as real-time graphics, game engines, VFX, extended reality, digital art, and digital filmmaking. Candidates with clear evidence of potential for excellence in teaching, research, and service are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities include teaching, advising, and working with undergraduate and graduate students. Candidate will sustain an active portfolio in virtual production/immersive media and/or related practices; serving the School, College, and University on committees; and in other capacities. Responsibilities will include, helping to develop a state-of-the-art XR studio that will house a large LED volume, motion capture stage, 3D scanning, filmmaking, and green screen equipment. Candidate will be instrumental in the creation of new courses and curricula related to virtual production, digital art, VFX, digital filmmaking, and emerging entertainment technologies. Candidate will also maintain a commitment to ensuring a healthy, inclusive, and collaborative environment for those involved. The successful candidate will be invited to collaborate with existing faculty and students in the Digital Media Arts & Engineering, Digital Art, Film & TV, Screen Arts, Music, and Computer Science departments.
• Master's or terminal degree and commensurate experience/practice in a field relevant to digital art, filmmaking, or virtual production.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
• Experienced professional practitioners who do not possess the terminal degree are still encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: https://lsu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/LSU/job/0220-Design-Building/Assistant-Professor--Virtual-Production---Immersive-Media_R00063874
An ideal candidate may have multiple experiences related to virtual production and immersive media such as VR/AR, extended reality, digital art, filmmaking, digital cinema camera systems, VFX, video games, or other forms of creative and emerging technology. Candidate is desired to have:
• On-set production experience or the capacity to quickly understand key elements of the virtual production pipeline including LED walls, motion capture systems, video game engines, 3D scanning, DMX lighting, green screen compositing, and how they relate to filmmaking workflows.
• An established research agenda or the ability to define and execute one in an area relevant to virtual production and immersive media.
• Prior experience educating within the field of filmmaking or digital media.
• Currently has — or has potential to — publish, exhibit, or distribute creative works in a relevant field.
• Prior experience producing original creative work such as films, games, electronic artwork, digital art, new media art, or creative software either independently or as a part of a team.
• Experience using both traditional and new digital filmmaking tools such as lights, cameras, lenses, audio equipment, wireless technologies, and accompanying software.
Additional Position Information:
Background Check - An offer of employment is contingent on a satisfactory pre-employment background check.
Benefits - LSU offers outstanding benefits to eligible employees and their dependents including health, life, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement options; various leave options; paid holidays; wellness benefits; tuition exemption for qualified positions; training and development opportunities; employee discounts; and more!
LSU is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
LSU believes diversity, equity, and inclusion enrich the educational experience of our students, faculty, and staff, and are necessary to prepare all people to thrive personally and professionally in a global society. We celebrate diversity and are committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion. We actively seek and encourage qualified applications from persons with diverse backgrounds, cultures and experiences. To learn more about how LSU is committed to diversity and inclusivity, please see LSU’s Diversity Statement and Roadmap. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact the Office of Human Resource Management (email@example.com).
COVID-19 Vaccine Protocol:
LSU requires the COVID-19 vaccine for all students, faculty, and staff or mandatory monthly testing. New employees must either submit proof of vaccination within three (3) days of their official start date, otherwise they will be entered into the mandatory monthly testing protocol beginning in November 2021.
HCM Contact Information:
Questions or concerns can be directed to the LSU Human Resources Management Office at 225-578-8200 or emailed HR@lsu.edu