The Art Studio Department at Mount Holyoke College invites applications for a tenure-track position with a specialization in digital art and design within a broad creative practice. The search committee is interested in reviewing applicants whose interdisciplinary work engages with one or more of the following areas: digital media art, creative coding, physical computing/interaction and performance design, digital fabrication, or other expanded media arts and design-related fields. This artist/practitioner will teach four courses per year from the introductory to the advanced levels.
Possible courses could include:
• Introduction to Digital Art and Design
• Creative Coding / Computational Art and Design
• Immersive Interaction Design (potentially including VR/AR and AI)
• Still and Moving Images / Emerging Digital Practices
• 3D Digital Design and Fabrication (taught at the Fimbel Maker and Innovation Lab)
• Collaborative Advanced Projects in Arts and Technology
Required qualifications include:
• Appropriate terminal degree in Digital / Media Arts, Design, Interdisciplinary Computing or other closely related field
• Significant creative and professional record at the national level
• Arts-related computer programming experience (any language, including Max, Processing, Java, scripting/coding for Unity or Unreal)
• Teaching experience - a minimum of 8 college-level courses or equivalent (beyond teaching assistantships) related to the course list above and significant curricular design experience
We are searching for an innovative and inclusive teacher with a robust creative and research practice and a demonstrated commitment to improving access for women and the underrepresented global majority. Expertise with media lab development and oversight would be an asset. Please address the required qualifications in your cover letter.
The ideal candidate will contribute to the growth and development of interdisciplinary curriculum across the campus, working with students and faculty from, but not limited to, Art Studio, Computer Science, Architecture, Dance, Film Media Theater, Data Science, Music, Creative Writing, and Entrepreneurship. We are searching for a collaborative colleague who will foster innovative emerging creative practices and is interested in participating in our growing Arts and Technology initiative, the Fimbel Maker and Innovation Lab, and new initiatives across the Five College Consortium.
Mount Holyoke College strives to create an inclusive environment that promotes engagement in technological and creative projects among our diverse international student population (with students from more than 60 countries). The successful candidate will have a commitment to their own practice as well as teaching at the undergraduate level and mentoring students who are broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, sexual orientation, ability, nationality, and religion.
Please go here to apply: