APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 22, 2021, 11:59 EDT
RESIDENCIES: Three-month residency: July 1 – September 30, 2021
DESCRIPTION: The International Studio & Curatorial Program (ISCP) is pleased to announce an open call for a fully-funded residency, plus living and materials stipends (approximately $2,680 per month) for visual artists who live in the United States and are eligible to work in the US (applicants must hold a Green Card or be a citizen of the United States, other visa types will be reviewed on case-by-case basis, in accordance with US work eligibility guidelines). ISCP is currently accepting applications from visual artists working in or interested in exploring fiber media, who would like to be immersed in ISCP's unique and dynamic programming and creative community. The residency program includes 24-hour access to a private furnished studio space, regular studio visits from Visiting Critics; Field Trips to museums, galleries and other cultural venues; and participation in Artist Talks. Program participation is taking place as possible due to COVID-19, with programming predominately taking place virtually. The program continues to re-assess as developments occur.
Residents become part of a growing network of international artists and curators who are ISCP alumni. An ISCP residency has often led to critical advancement in the practice of the artist and curators in residence.
APPLICATION PROCESS: For consideration for the 2021 Lenore G. Tawney Residency at ISCP, please submit the following to email@example.com by March 22, 2021 indicating “Lenore G. Tawney Residency” in the subject line:
Application Form: https://iscp-nyc.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/ISCP-Lenore-G.-Tawney-Residency-Application-2021.pdf
Applicants must provide the following information: name, date of birth, place of birth, mailing address, telephone number, and email address. You may also indicate your gender pronoun, and ethnicity, though this is optional.
1. Curriculum vitae: 5 pages max.
2. Work samples: this should include 10 images of video links with captions (title, date, medium, and dimensions/duration for each work) and a description of each work
3. 2-3 Scanned reviews (if applicable): 10 pages, max.
4. 2-3 Scanned copies of catalogs (if applicable): pages that feature your work only
5. Reference letter: letters can be sent to ISCP directly with applicant’s name in subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Second reference contact information: please include name, title, institution, email, telephone, and address (different referee from above, contact information only.)
7. Proof of eligibility to work in the US: US Passport or US Green Card copy; visas are eligible on a case-by-case basis according to US work and payment eligibility guidelines.
ELIGIBILITY: Visual artists working in and interested in fiber media are invited to apply. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States, and they may not be ISCP alumni or residents in another studio program at the same time as the Lenore G. Tawney ISCP residency.
SELECTION: The selection committee reviews applications based on quality, originality and artistic merit. Other consideration factors are: the potential impact of the residency on the applicant, the applicant's past accomplishments, and preparedness to undertake the residency. Studio visits/interviews with finalists will be held by the selection committee.
NOTIFICATION: Artists will be notified by April 15, 2021 for the Lenore G. Tawney Residency.
Note: incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Please submit your application in a single PDF no larger than 10 mb.