Start date: January 6, 2020
Hours per week: 24
Triple Canopy, a nonprofit magazine of art and literature located in Manhattan, seeks a Production Associate: a designer and coder with proven interest in the arts. This person will work closely with Triple Canopy’s editorial, design, and technical staff to produce and publish digital works of art and literature, among other content.
The Production Associate will:
• Work closely with the Managing Editor to prepare projects for publication by formatting, uploading, and laying out text and media using Triple Canopy’s content
management system and third-party platforms (including Vimeo, iTunes, and YouTube);
• Assist with the testing of enhancements and software bug fixes to Triple Canopy’s publishing platforms;
• Oversee the organization, preparation, and maintenance of production assets for Triple Canopy’s archive in partnership with NYU’s Fales Library and Special Collections;
• Maintain the editors’ manual, which outlines layout and coding conventions for Triple Canopy’s CMS, in coordination with technical and editorial staff.
The ideal candidate is:
• Based in New York City and possesses a minimum of two years of experience working in a collaborative studio, publishing, or arts environment;
• Knowledgeable of best practices for web publishing, which at a minimum include understanding HTML semantics, CSS, and media optimization for digital publishing;
• Personable, resourceful, vocal, self-possessed, and an exceptional communicator who knows when to seek assistance, is responsive to oversight, and is attentive to deadlines;
• Broadly interested in contemporary culture, especially visual art, literature, and technology.
This is a part-time position based out of Triple Canopy’s workspace in Manhattan for which a commitment of twenty-four daytime hours per week is required (preferably Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays). We imagine this position to be well-suited to an active freelancer in search of a broader network of collaborators whose work they will enthusiastically support in a creative and open environment.
Interested candidates should submit a résumé, portfolio, GitHub profile, as well as any other relevant work samples to email@example.com. Payment is commensurate with experience. Additional income via Triple Canopy’s consulting work may be negotiated on a per-project basis. Triple Canopy is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants receive consideration without regard to race, age, ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by law. For more information on the mission and staff of Triple Canopy, visit: canopycanopycanopy.com. No calls, please.