Tenure-track Assistant or Associate Professor Games and VR/AR/XR/Animation
University of California, Los Angeles
Requisition Number: JPF04623
UCLA Department of Design Media Arts
Tenure-track Assistant or Associate Professor – Games and VR/AR/XR/Animation Start date: July 1, 2020
Deadline to apply: October 20, 2019
Applications will only be accepted online: https://apptrkr.com/1522935
The Department of Design Media Arts (DMA) within the UCLA School of Arts and Architecture invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant or tenured Associate professor position in the area of Games and VR/AR/XR/Animation. We are especially interested in candidates whose work is socially, critically, or theoretically motivated. Ideal candidates should have an approach that is both conceptually and formally strong, and engaged with experimentation and use of current tools, technologies and processes. We are seeking applicants who would contribute to the diversity of the department, enhancing its offerings not only with superior technical and artistic skills, but also with cross-cultural perspectives. The candidate would contribute to further developing the UCLA Game Lab, a creative research lab situated between the School of Arts and Architecture and the School of Theater, Film and Television; and work to advance the Lab's mission to merge artistic and design practice, social responsibility, and cultural inquiry with gaming and related fields, such as live performance based games, virtual reality, digital puppetry, mixed reality installation, location based augmented reality, autonomous or networked virtual environments, motion capture and photogrammetry. Candidates must have a Master's Degree and a strong record of professional achievement; evidence of teaching is recommended.
We seek candidates whose experience in teaching, research, professional activity, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. Service within the department and university are expected as part of this position.
For more about the department, please visit: http://dma.ucla.edu/.
Applications must include the following:
• One-page cover letter with a description of creative research and teaching experience.
• Personal statement that discusses the applicants artistic and educational philosophy and approach to teaching.
• Curriculum vitae.
• Evidence of teaching effectiveness. As applicable, please include evaluations, syllabi, and examples of student work.
• A statement with a description of past or potential contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Contributions to diversity might include teaching, mentoring, research, or service towards building an equitable and diverse scholarship environment and/or increasing access or participation of individuals from historically underrepresented groups.
• A portfolio that is specifically curated for the search committee, prioritized with your most accomplished work, and includes, as appropriate, documentation of your artwork, your own writings or statements, and notable reviews or articles discussing your work. This can be an on-line link to a web site or PDF format file.
• Names and contact information (mailing address, email address, and phone number) of three professional references. (Letters of recommendation are not requested at this time).
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy, see: UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy: http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct
For full application instructions and position description, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/1522935
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy, see: UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy, https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/DiscHarassAffirmAction
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.