GREETINGS FROM SCHOOL OF MACHINES, MAKING & MAKE-BELIEVE!
We are an independent school in Berlin hovering at the intersections of art, technology, design, & human connection. We are trying to be more responsive to the digital/socio-political climate, and design courses that we think are needed in the world.
2 SEPTEMBER - 27 SEPTEMBER 2018
ACUD (VETERANENSTRASSE 21, 10119 BERLIN)
FOUR WEEKS, FULL-TIME IN BERLIN, GERMANY.
A SMALL CLASS OF PARTICIPANTS.
How can we use technology to investigate the world around us in the name of justice and human rights?
IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL LEARN
- Citizen forensics movements and how they began
- How to gather information and investigate safely
- Ethical and legal issues surrounding this work
- Basics of working with various technologies including computer vision and machine learning for investigative purposes
- Basic coding with Python
- An amazing network and community of like-minded creative beings and potential future collaborators
*No previous experience necessary*
WEEK 1: Introductions, critical discourse, view of landscape/current state of citizen investigation organisations
WEEK 2: How to gather information, investigate safely, ethical and legal issues
WEEK 3: Gain a practical and hands-on understanding of computer vision/machine learning for investigative purposes
WEEK 4: Collecting/writing documentation, preparations for final talks and showcase open to the public
WHO IS THIS PROGRAM FOR?
This program is for journalists, architects, researchers, artists and anyone interested to learn how technology is being used as an aid for critical analysis to help understand and report on the world around us.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM: http://schoolofma.org/evidence/
APPLY HERE: https://schoolofmachines.agilecrm.com/forms/4604692500447232