Triple Canopy, a nonprofit magazine of art and literature located in Manhattan, seeks a Production Associate: a designer and coder with proven interest in the arts. This person will work closely with Triple Canopy’s editorial, design, and technical staff to produce and publish digital works of art and literature, among other content.
The Production Associate will:
- Work closely with the Managing Editor to prepare digital projects for publication, crafting unique solutions on a per-project basis;
- Format, upload, and lay out text and media based on visual design and direction provided by the staff, using Triple Canopy’s content management system) and third-party platforms (including Vimeo, iTunes, and YouTube);
- Oversee the organization, preparation, and maintenance of production assets for Triple Canopy’s archive in partnership with NYU’s Fales Library and Special Collections;
- Maintain the editors manual, which outlines layout and coding conventions for Triple Canopy’s CMS, in coordination with technical and editorial staff.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of:
- HTML, CSS, and Markdown;
- CMS publishing platforms;
- Image-editing software used to produce assets for the Web.
The ideal candidate will also have experience working with:
- Chrome development tools or similar software;
- SASS (Syntactically Awesome Stylesheets);
- Knowledge of typography and best practices;
- Project-management tools for software development (Github, Trello);
- Audio- and video-editing software to produce assets for the web;
- Bohemian Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite.
The ideal candidate is:
- Based in New York City and possesses a minimum of two years of experience working in a collaborative studio, publishing, or arts environment;
- Broadly engaged with contemporary culture, especially visual art, performing arts, literature, and technology;
- Personable, resourceful, vocal, self-possessed, and an exceptional communicator who knows when to seek assistance, is responsive to oversight and attentive to deadlines, troubleshoots on the fly, and foresees pitfalls.
This is a part-time position based out of Triple Canopy’s workspace in Manhattan for which a commitment of twelve to sixteen daytime hours per week is required (Mondays, Tuesdays, and/or Wednesdays). We imagine this position to be well-suited to an active freelancer in search of a broader network of collaborators whose work they will enthusiastically support in a creative and open environment.
Interested candidates should submit a résumé, portfolio, GitHub profile, as well as any other relevant work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Payment is commensurate with experience. Additional income via Triple Canopy’s consulting work may be negotiated on a per-project basis.
Triple Canopy is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants receive consideration without regard to race, age, ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by law. For more information on the mission and staff of Triple Canopy, visit: canopycanopycanopy.com. No calls, please.