There’s nothing more fun for kids than being able to jump on their very own power wheels four wheeler and tear up the yard (not literally, we hope) on their own little adventure. The Peg Perego has a couple of great quads that will provide all the action that your kids could ask for. Whether they’re riding on grass, dirt, or hard surfaces, these ATV’s will imitate the real thing and provide hours of entertainment.
The Polaris Trail Boss is just as cool as it gets. This realistic 12v quad will seat two so the kids won’t have to hesitate about having a friend over to play. It’s been updated with improved high performance steering, a foot pedal accelerator, and a 2-speed gearshift.
The four-wheel suspension makes for a smoother ride and the SmartPad technology helps reduce those jerky starts and stops. This ride on toy has a 2-speed gearshift so the kids can travel at either or 2.5 or 5 MPH, a safe speed either way. It will also travel .5 MPH in reverse.
The 12v battery is rechargeable and comes with its own charger. This high performance battery will ensure longer riding time before needing to be charged. The body is fully enclosed for safety purposes.
The Polaris Trail Boss is easy to assemble and has a 2 year manufacturer warranty. It’s recommended for ages 3 and up and will hold up 130 pounds total weight. The Trail Boss will stimulate your child by encouraging physical, verbal, logical, and spatial play all at once. And they’ll be sure to be entertained for hours at a time.
The Polaris Trail Princess is the perfect ride on that will get your girls on the road too! You know the girls will have just as much fun on their own little adventures. This top notch quad is designed to make your daughter feel like the princess that she is and has the same features as the Trail Boss.
Make sure they bring along a friend for an afternoon of fun. You can be sure that their creative imaginations will be running wild as they plan the next adventure. And tell the boys to look out because they may get a run for their money before the playing is over.
Peg Perego provides some great options for a power wheels four wheeler that is reasonably priced for your pocketbook while providing safe and fun entertainment for the kids.
Originally posted 2010-01-25 11:12:28. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
Did you just buy your child a new pedal ride on toy but are discouraged because they aren’t interested in riding it? This is relatively common and happens to many children. If your child refuses to pedal by making no attempt at all or makes just a half hearted attempt then you may have just a learning curve that needs to be crossed. It’s nothing to get alarmed about.
- Some children are intimidated by the feel of the pedal against their foot or are scared by the whole riding process. Try putting their feet on the pedals while you push them around on the toy. Once they see how much fun it is and feel how the pedals work, most children will make the effort to start pedaling on their own.
- Let them get the feel of moving the pedal both forward and backward. If they’re still a little scared once they start riding on their own, you can walk (or run!) alongside them until they’re completely comfortable.
- Pedal ride on toys come in many different styles. You may have bought a new tricycle, a fire truck, or a toddler bike with training wheels. Whether your child is 2, 3 4 or 5, their physical and neurological development can vary greatly depending on the individual child.
- Some kids are ready for pedal toys at an early age and some are not. If you try these suggestions and your child is still having some trouble you might want give them a little more time. They may need to mature a little more both physically and neurologically in order to feel comfortable with the toy.
In the meantime, you may want to consider some other options besides the pedal ride on toys. Wagons and ride on cars like the Cozy Coupe may be more appropriate for your children at this particular time. Just park the pedal ride for a little while and don’t worry because they’ll get the hang of all that pedaling before you know it!
Originally posted 2010-01-13 12:48:57. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
Let’s face it – kids love water and they love red fire and rescue trucks. The Little Tikes Spray and Rescue Truck is the perfect ride on toy for toddlers who love both. Not only will their little imaginations be working full blast as they head out on their latest rescue call, but they’ll actually be able to put out the flames with their own little water hose.
This little rescue truck is a foot to floor ride that is age appropriate for both toddlers and preschoolers. It’s a great size for your little ones who are just getting comfortable getting around by themselves. This rescue truck resembles the ride on cars like the Cozy Coupe that are so popular, but the rescue truck has some extra features that the cars don’t have.
- The adorable spray and ride rescue truck is a one seater ride that sits relatively low to the ground so little legs won’t have any trouble reaching.
- It has a 2 gallon water tank and a real hose that works. Just fill up the tank, pump up the air pressure, and your kids can spray away. This is the perfect ride for putting out imaginary fires, watering the flowers, or having a water fight with mom and dad.
- The water tank is removable for easy filling and the hand pump for the air pressure sits conveniently on top of the tank.
- The wheels on this ride glide smoothly so it’s very easy for the kids to maneuver around the yard. The steering wheel turns and is very realistic.
- By using a foot to floor motion in order to make the rescue truck move, your kids will be strengthening their large muscle groups and improving their gross motor skills. Using the water hose enhances their hand to eye coordination, improving their fine motor skills. It’s very important to stimulate both of these skills during the toddler and preschool years, so parents can rest assured that this ride will be both fun and developmentally stimulating for your kids.
The Little Tikes Spray and Ride Rescue Truck is one of the coolest ride on toys for young children. It’s so much fun on a warm summer day that you may actually find your little ones hosing themselves down in order to cool themselves off! It’s reasonably priced, well made, and very durable. Just keep in mind that it’s plastic so it will fade if left in the sun for long periods of time and the seat will get hot if not left in the shade.
Do you have one of these in your home? Let us know how much your little on enjoys it!
P.S. Check out the Spray and Ride Rescue Truck in action:
Originally posted 2010-05-24 06:13:14. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
The Big Driver Two Seat Golf Cart is the perfect children’s sized ride on toy for little golfers. This battery operated electric ride operates just like it’s adult counterpart and will allow your kids to get some practice time under their belts.
This roomy 2 seat ride can be ridden in a multitude of terrains. It will handle your backyard, your sidewalks, the parks, and even campgrounds and beaches. No matter where your kids travel, you can be sure that they’ll be safe in this ride. You can put away the ATV or the Jeep because the only thing that your kids need to hit the course is this awesome cart.
These are just a few of the things that make the Big Driver Two Seat Golf Cart stand out:
- This 12 volt ride has 2 speeds forward at 2.5 mph and 5 mph along with a reverse speed. Parents will appreciate the high speed lock out that prevents younger children from driving at the higher speed until you feel that they’re ready.
- As in real golf carts, this ride on toy is controlled with an accelerator pedal. To accelerate just press the pedal and the engine will engage. The very safe automatic brake system will engage as soon as the pedal is released, disengaging the engine and stopping the cart.
- This 2 seat ride will seat your children next to each other. They will be riding in style with a comfortable seat with a back rest, carpeted flooring, a musical horn, drink holders, and storage room for 3 golf balls on the dash.
- The nylon sun shade canopy is removable while providing important protection from the sun. There’s plenty of room in the back storage area for a set of children’s clubs.
- This golf cart drives like a charm with its rugged chassis, tough wheels and tires, solid chromed axle and suspension, and heavy duty motor and gearbox. It also boasts a high-gloss finish on on impact resistant plastic body.
The Big Driver Two Seat Golf Cart is a luxury ride for children. Your kids will enjoy 2 to 4 hours of riding time depending on terrain surfaces and weight. Just charge it up and off they’ll head to the tee! Your little pro golfer will get miles of use of this great cart.
Will you kids be using their golf cart in another way besides hitting the tee? Let us know how!
Originally posted 2010-06-28 06:18:15. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
The Brum Pedal Car is one of the cutest pedal cars that I think I’ve seen. I think I love this car so much because his headlights have eyeballs. Yeah, really, it feels like he has a little personality because he looks like he’s smiling and looking at me.
Brum is a children’s TV program that originated in Birmingham, England. Brum himself is a miniature replica of the Austin 7 convertible, otherwise known way back when as the “Chummy”. He sneaks away from his owner and finds many adventures in the “Big Town” of Birmingham.
As Brum drives himself around town he expresses himself in many different ways. He opens and closes his doors, bobs his suspension, flashes and swivels those cute little headlights, and honks his own horn. How cute can you get?
We haven’t had the privilege of getting to watch Brum here in the US on a general broadcast channel but I hear that you can find him on some reruns on the BBC network. I don’t have access to that particular channel but I have some friends who claim this is true – you can always check it out if you’d like.
The Brum Pedal Car has been very stringently reproduced to replicate the original as closely as possible. What kids love best about the character Brum is what they’ll love best about his pedal car – he’s fun and he’s always up for a good adventure!
- This car has been built under license from original producers Ragdoll Productions. Brum is made of durable steel so he’ll be sure to last for a long time. He has high traction, solid rubber tires, and even has a spare tire on the tailgate in case of a “breakdown”.
- The red padded seat makes driving more comfortable. The crank handle actually moves, it has gold hubcaps, running boards, and an old fashioned chrome horn. The pedal assembly has two movable positions so your child can grow with the car and the pedals are non-slip pedals.
The Brum Pedal Car is sure to bring a smile to any child’s face. This car will provide a great means of exercise for your kids, will increase independence, and will get those imaginations working full blast. Although this car isn’t made in the USA, it conforms to all US codes and is free from lead paint. Look out because your kids will be tooling around the neighborhood in style!
P.S. Here he is on an adventure in the Big Town!
Originally posted 2010-03-30 18:10:58. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
Have you been thinking that perhaps you should buy ride on toys for your baby? This is a great move to make because your infant is developing in leaps and bounds and a ride on toy will help to increase all of those developmental skills that are forming. At this age they are in the process of developing important muscles, motor skills, and expanding their senses. This is what makes ride on toys for babies so important.
This is a gallery of some of the best and most interactive ride on toys that are available for babies. Every child is different so take some time to browse so you can make the right choice for your child and your home. If you’re undecided between a couple of different models take some time to read the online customer reviews. Reading about someone else’s experience may help you make your decision.
The best feature of the Step Start Walk ‘n Ride is that it’s really 2 toys instead of 1. If you baby is just learning to stand and take their first steps then you can use the toy as a walker to help them gain strength and get more stable.
Once they’re more stable you can convert the walker right into their first ride on toy. This toy has several hands-on activities that will stimulate touch and sound sensations.
The Little Tikes My First Cozy Coupe Car also acts as both a walker and a ride on. Your baby will develop a sense of independence when they are able to start pushing this toy around the room by themselves.
It’s also very easy for them to sit on and before you know it they’ll be using it as a ride on toy. The spinning head light rattles and the doors open by the mouth.
The Hasbro Tonka Wheel Driver Scoot ‘n Scoop is a very interactive 3 in 1 toy. Although it’s marketed toward boys, you can be sure that the girls will love it just as much.
This is a great toy that will help your baby make the transition from crawling to walking to actually riding. You child will have fun scooping up blocks as they push or pull the truck around. The truck blinks, makes noises, and actually vibrates. You can easily convert it into a ride on toy when the time is right.
The Little Tikes Push & Ride Racer is a combination walker and ride on toy that has received the Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Gold Seal Award for being one of the best toys in its category. This great toy sits very low to the ground so you child can get on and off easier.
The rear spoiler is high enough that your baby can easily hold on to it from behind. It also provides great back support when they’re sitting on it. And they can even take their favorite teddy for a ride!
If you’ve got a little girl who wants to be a princess then the Disney Princess Ride-On Toy is just what you need to consider. This ride on is so interactive and fun for girls. The mirror lights up and the castle glows.
The princess figures pop-up and they even rotate to the music for hours of entertainment. Your daughter can either push or ride this fun toy. It also makes engine and horn noises that they can enjoy.
The Radio Flyer Retro Rocket is great for either pushing or riding. This adorable retro rocket has tons of interactive features for your baby. The “engine” vibrates to stimulate take-off, the nose cone makes clicking noises, and there are three interactive buttons that make astronaut and outer space sounds.
It’s really fun to watch some of the lights and sounds come on when the wheels are rolling. This is another great Radio Flyer toy that has some unique features that will stimulate and initiate your baby’s creativity.
The WonderWorld Rocking Cater is not so much your typical ride on toy as it is a rocker. You can use this Caterpillar as an introduction to the stimulation that comes from a ride on. The Cater is super soft and comfortable and has an interactive rattle in its nose. It’s low to the ground so it’s very safe.
Your baby can enjoy the stimulation that comes from rocking on it and then you can remove it from the base so your baby can enjoy it as a soft pillow or cushion. The Cater is the winner of the Good Toy Award and is made from environmentally friendly Rubberwood.
WonderWorld also makes the adorable WonderWorld Puffy Dragon Ride-On. The dragon has a wooden base will allow your baby to push themselves around. The wheels roll easily so they can move in any direction.
Like the Caterpillar, the Dragon is super soft and can be removed from the base and be used as a pillow or cushion. He has a beeper and crinkly ears (kids love these!). And he’s environmentally friendly too!
The Fisher Price Musical Roll-Along Pony is available in pink or yellow. It has a very comfortable and contoured seat and the handles are very easy to grip. The mane and tail are very soft to the touch and you’ll see that kids are very drawn to the sensation of touching them.
This ride on toy is best for babies who are able to walk and are relatively steady on their feet. It’s very interactive with 5 different songs and various sounds.
The Push Around Buggy is a great ride on toy to have when you’d like to cruise around the neighborhood with your baby. This is a much more fun and interactive way to stimulate than just a plain old stroller.
You actually have control of the toy from behind but your baby will think that they’re the ones driving. They can push the click-start ignition key and turn the wheel to navigate. If someone gets in the way they can just blow the horn. The seat belt provides safety and there’s convenient storage space under the hood.
And finally, the Go N Grow Lil’ Rollin’ Giraffe Ride On is just as friendly as can be. He’s got fun colors, the style is great, and he can be used inside or out. This ride on is somewhat unique because it has 3 wheels instead of 4.
The oversized rear wheel provides extra stability so your child won’t tip over easily. The seat is adjustable so it will grow with your child and there are wheel guards for safety. There aren’t any interactive sounds or lights but that’s ok because your child will be getting lots of motor skill development while they scoot around. I would recommend this for children who can walk because there’s no back guard.
P.S. Here’s a great review of the Disney Princess Ride-On Toy.
Originally posted 2010-01-28 06:10:30. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
You can’t get a much classier ride for your kids than a Mercedes Pedal Car. Mercedes-Benz has been producing quality rides since 1926. Their famous three star-pointed logo is known worldwide and represents the quality and durability that their cars has become known to have.
So if you like driving your shiny red convertible then it shouldn’t come as a surprise that your kids would want one of their own. And if you’ve never had your own (but would like to) then just sit back and enjoy the looks of your kids Mercedes Pedal Car. This pedal ride on toy is one of the finest made rides that you’ll ever find and will outlast the kids. They’ll outgrow it before it’s ready to quit!
This knockout retro looking Mercedes pedal car is a replica of the Mercedes-Benz 190SL and has some really incredible features:
- This pedal car has an authentic Mercedes-Benz ™ license and has detailed parts just like a real Mercedes-Benz ™, including the logo on the front.
- It has an all steel body that is very durable and a full working steering column and steering wheel.
- The headlights really work and operate with just 2 size D batteries.
- Real rubber tires make for a very smooth ride and the wheels have chrome details.
- The bumpers, hubcaps, headlight and windshield holders, and the grille are all shiny chrome for extra class.
- The seat is padded for extra comfort and has an extended seat cushion.
- The adjustable pedals have 5 different positions so your child can grow with the car.
- The body is painted with a high gloss, bright red paint that is safe and lead free.
Pedal ride on cars are a great way for your kids to start developing good exercise habits and the Mercedes Pedal Car is such a smooth ride that those little legs will be pedal for hours on end. Your children will also be gaining independence, self confidence, while at the same time stimulating some role playing and creativity. These are all developmental attributes that will stay with them throughout their lives.
Originally posted 2010-02-21 19:48:16. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
If buying a ride on toy that will grow with your child is at the top of your priority list then the Radio Flyer Twist Trike is a must have. This cool ride is suitable for kids who are as young as 2 and as old as 7. We all know that 2 toys are better than 1 and the Twist Trike can conveniently be ridden as a trike or as a chopper at the snap of your fingers.
This well thought out design features a patented quick release twist ‘n lock mechanism that allows children and parents to turn the ride from a tricycle to a chopper or vice versa in no time at all. Start out as a trike for two to four year olds then just “twist” or convert it into a chopper for four to seven year olds.
- The Radio Flyer Twist Trike is truly amazing and will give your kids the best of both worlds. If your child is more comfortable with a ride that has a lower center of gravity then the chopper or big wheels style will be appropriate. If they prefer the more traditional tricycle then release the mechanism and switch over to the adorable trike.
- The Twist Trike is one of the more durable plastic rides. It has molded construction for extra stability. The tires are also molded with the front tire measuring 11.5” and the rear wheels measuring 9”. The adjustable seat back ensures that this ride will grow with your child for years to come. There’s nothing better than a toy that will grow with your child for years.
- You won’t have to worry about tipping problems because this ride has a very controlled turning radius that gives it extra stability. One of the biggest complaints about tricycles seems to center around tipping problems and this ride will ensure the safest measures in this area. Your kids will be safe so you have better piece of mind.
- The Radio Flyer Twist Trike is the type of toy that will stimulate your kids in many different ways. Before you even realize it they’ll become more coordinated, improve their motor skills, gain independence, and become so self confident that you’ll be amazed. This is a great toy that’s long lasting, durable, and will provide fun for the entire family.
Are you going to break down and purchase one? If you do leave us a quick comment and let us know how much you like it!
P.S. The Razor Flyer Twist Trike is so easy to operate:
Originally posted 2010-05-07 05:40:52. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
The Razor PowerWing Scooter is a sleek, stylish, and incredibly fun caster scooter for kids who are 5 and older. This cool three wheel ride will allow your kids to perform tricks, kick outs, and side drifts that can’t be done on a standard kick scooter.
The rear caster wheels and the double wing platform are what make this ride so unique. Your kids will have some extra stability with the two wing platform since they’ll be able to ride with their feet side by side instead of behind one another. This ride has three wheels instead of two the the rear caster wheels will let them master 360 degree spins at the drop of a hat.
- Learning to ride the Razor PowerWing Scooter is very easy to do with it’s radical three wheel design. The dual inclined rear casters make it easy to accelerate. Your kids will be able to ride this scooter without having to kick their feet. Just move their body side and side and off they’ll go.
- This stylish ride has a 125mm polyurethane front wheel, high performance ABEC-5 bearings, 64mm rear wheels, and a double steel frame that couldn’t be stronger.
- Add a patent pending hand brake system that allows kids to stop easily. This will give them a better feeling of being in control, and they’ll be safer from start to finish. No more dragging their feet to slow down or stop.
- You’ll be able to transport this ride anywhere because it easily folds to fit into small places. It easily fits in the car or can be conveniently stored in a small space over the winter months.
The most fun thing about this scooter is it’s incredible ability to maneuver around corners. The caster wheels allow for kick-outs, slides, and numerous other cool tricks. Before you know it you’re kids will be riding like the experts. They’ll spend hours perfecting these tricks and never have to stop to charge a battery.
The Razor PowerWing Scooter is totally rocking ride for kids as young as 5. It’s one of the best rides for encouraging creativity and increasing balance and coordination skills. Since it’s rated for up to 143 pounds, some of you moms and dads may get to try it out too!
P.S. Check out how the Razor PowerWing Scooter rocks!
Originally posted 2010-04-23 13:05:34. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
Choosing a bicycle for your child that is age appropriate, well designed, and reasonably priced can be daunting at times. When you know your little one has mastered the tricycle and is ready to move up to the next size ride, a two-wheeled bicycle with training wheels is a great way to go.
There are so many different styles of bikes available that you will be sure to find one that fits your child’s individual personality. Whether they like a Princess theme, some Spider-Man adventures, or just a good old Red Flyer bike, there’s a style for every child.
As a parent, it’s important when choosing a bicycle that you choose one that is both age and size appropriate and will be with your child for at least a year if not more. These are a few tips that help your shopping experience run a little smoother:
- While the size of an adult bicycle is measured by seat height and frame size, a children’s bicycle size is determined by the size of the wheel diameter.
- Common sizes in children’s bicycles with training wheels are 12″, 16″, 20″, and 24″. The bicycle should fit your child comfortably and they should be able to mount and dismount comfortably. They should also be able to straddle the bike with their feet comfortably on the ground. If your child is riding their new bike with their knees hitting the handlebars or is stretched out and having trouble reaching the handlebars then the bike is the wrong size.
- Heavier bikes that are made of steel are generally less expensive then the lighter bikes that are made with alloy metals. Your child will have an easier time pedaling with the lighter rides.
- When choosing a bicycle for beginner riders the braking mechanism is very important. Your child will need to have control of their bike in order to gain the confidence that they’ll need to eventually ride without the training wheels. Younger children will benefit from bikes that have coaster brakes, which are rear brakes, that are engaged by pedaling backward. Little hands can have difficulty gripping hand brakes and oftentimes don’t have the strength necessary to operate them.
- The frame of the bicycle should be strong enough to handle some abuse and you should not be able to bend it by hand. Chains can be dangerous and can grab your child’s shoe laces or pant legs, causing a safety issue. Be sure that the bicycle that you choose has a chain guard to prevent accidents.
- The training wheels themselves should be well made and sturdy. You should not be able to bend them and they should be securely fastened. The bike may wobble just a slight bit while your child is learning how to ride but not enough to upset and unbalance the rider.
Last but not least, review the manufacture age recommendations when choosing a bicycle for your little ones. If your child is a little larger or a little smaller than the average 3, 4, or 5 year old then adjust your requirements a little bit to accommodate. Manufacturer recommendations are not written in stone, they are a guideline to help you make the best decision possible.
If you’re choosing a bicycle to buy this year then be sure to take a moment and let us know which bike you choose, and enjoy watching your little ones learn how to ride!
Originally posted 2010-05-31 16:20:50. Republished by Blog Post Promoter