Michael Szpakowski
Since the beginning
Works in Harlow United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

ARTBASE (1)
Discussions (1003) Opportunities (5) Events (14) Jobs (0)
DISCUSSION

Re: new work


Hi
if anyone out there did check the below and heeded my
advice to <make sure your sound is on.> they probably
thought I was mad. Sorry .It's now fixed. I think .
Michael
--- Michael Szpakowski <szpako@yahoo.com> wrote:
> A little chamber piece:
>
>
http://www.somedancersandmusicians.com/for/ForJanet.html
>
> make sure your sound is on.
> best
> Michael
>
> =====
> http://www.somedancersandmusicians.com/
>
> __________________________________________________
> Do you Yahoo!?
> New DSL Internet Access from SBC & Yahoo!
> http://sbc.yahoo.com
> + Barbarians at the XOR-gate
> -> post: list@rhizome.org
> -> questions: info@rhizome.org
> -> subscribe/unsubscribe:
> http://rhizome.org/preferences/subscribe.rhiz
> -> give: http://rhizome.org/support
> +
> Subscribers to Rhizome are subject to the terms set
> out in the
> Membership Agreement available online at
http://rhizome.org/info/29.php

=====
http://www.somedancersandmusicians.com/

__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
New DSL Internet Access from SBC & Yahoo!
http://sbc.yahoo.com

DISCUSSION

Re: Rhizome's Book Club


Spent the last few months working my way through all
that's translated of Primo Levi (staggering writer,
staggering human being) )and WG Sebald
(Rings of Saturn and The Emigrants so far)
Sebald's an interesting one - he combines picture and
text in a strange way that for me at least has some
net type resonances.
I don't know how well he's known in the States but
he's definitely worth seeking out.
Michael
--- "t.whid" <twhid@mteww.com> wrote:
> i'm reading "The Way We Live Now" by Trollope
> (victorian writer) and
> I've just finished "Life On The Mississippi" (kinda
> boring) and
> "Huck. Finn"(totally flooring) by Twain. I read on
> the train
> generally. This is the first time in a long time
> that i've found time
> to read fiction.
>
> Of course these are all ebooks on my pda (can't go
> all the way back
> to analog ;-)
>
> >> I like books! Who is with me?
> >
>
> --
> <twhid>
> http://www.mteww.com
> </twhid>
> + the assholes playground
> -> post: list@rhizome.org
> -> questions: info@rhizome.org
> -> subscribe/unsubscribe:
> http://rhizome.org/preferences/subscribe.rhiz
> -> give: http://rhizome.org/support
> +
> Subscribers to Rhizome are subject to the terms set
> out in the
> Membership Agreement available online at
http://rhizome.org/info/29.php

=====
http://www.somedancersandmusicians.com/

__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
New DSL Internet Access from SBC & Yahoo!
http://sbc.yahoo.com

DISCUSSION

Re: Rhizome's Book Club


Ivan you're such a puritan! Go and reread the last
paragraph of 'The Truce' - I think jolly japes is
putting it a bit strongly but there's no doubt as a
whole it's a lighter read than 'If this is a Man'
why?- because its about 'becoming human' again - but
even if that bothers you that last para is one hell of
a sting in the tail.
Michael
--- Ivan Pope <ivan@ivanpope.com> wrote:
>
>
> > Spent the last few months working my way through
> all
> > that's translated of Primo Levi (staggering
> writer,
> > staggering human being) )
>
> I've always wanted to say this, so I will seize my
> chance.
> Primo Levi's 'If this is a Man' comes (in the UK,
> anyway) as a double volume
> with 'The Truce'. If this is a Man is a staggering
> work, leaves you gasping.
> But, The Truce, readable and gripping as it is, is a
> book of jolly japes and
> hard times on the road back home. I could not
> believe that Levi wrote it,
> really. And I could not believe that the publishers
> could bind it with If
> this is a Man.
>
> Phew. Said it.
>
> I love books also.
>
> Ivan
>
> + Barbarians at the XOR-gate
> -> post: list@rhizome.org
> -> questions: info@rhizome.org
> -> subscribe/unsubscribe:
> http://rhizome.org/preferences/subscribe.rhiz
> -> give: http://rhizome.org/support
> +
> Subscribers to Rhizome are subject to the terms set
> out in the
> Membership Agreement available online at
http://rhizome.org/info/29.php

=====
http://www.somedancersandmusicians.com/

__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
New DSL Internet Access from SBC & Yahoo!
http://sbc.yahoo.com

DISCUSSION

new work


A little chamber piece:

http://www.somedancersandmusicians.com/for/ForJanet.html

make sure your sound is on.
best
Michael

=====
http://www.somedancersandmusicians.com/

__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
New DSL Internet Access from SBC & Yahoo!
http://sbc.yahoo.com

DISCUSSION

Re: What's your enmity quotient?


< Schroeder barely won, in part
because one of his ministers compared Bush to
Hitler.>
Schroeder won ( against initial predictions) precisely
because he had the political nous to campaign against
what here in Europe is an incredibly unpopular war (
80% of the German population oppose it as still do a
clear majority of the UK population despite a massive
pro war propaganda campaign)
Everything still to play for - here there will be a
massive anti war demonstration in London this coming
Saturday with not only the usual suspects but
substantial sections of organized labour marching ( it
departs Embankment 12.30 any Brits reading this).
Its straightforward surely - don't we all know this is
a war not about justice , or weapons of mass
destruction ( of which the US and the UK both have
stacks, with the US of course refusing independent
inspection of its biological arsenal ) but oil -and
oil isn't worth killing or dying for.
Nor is it a question of waiting for ,or trusting, the
UN - the UN has murdered 500,000 children in Iraq in
the last 10 years with its sanctions.
I would like to see more artists come out against this
barbarism too Max - but not *because* we're artists
though; but neither are we excused speaking out
because we are, which is why this list is an
appropriate place as any to raise the question.
Michael

ps i enjoyed the quiz though.

=====
http://www.somedancersandmusicians.com/

__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
New DSL Internet Access from SBC & Yahoo!
http://sbc.yahoo.com