Dear friends & colleagues,
I'm glad to share with you the Aharon's 'howtopracticeashowshow' at the WAG - Widget Art Gallery on IPhone, IPod touch and IPad form April 9th until May 9th, 2013.
About the WAG:
The “WAG" is a mini 3-dimensional, single room gallery that fits into your pocket 'cause I've developed it for IPhone, IPod Touch and I Pad.
Every month, directly on your mobile, The “WAG” hosts a solo digital art exhibition related to the dynamic site-specific contest. So, the Widget Art Gallery works both as a sort of kunsthall showing temporary exhibitions and as a permanent collections museum because conserves all the past exhibitions inside an online archive. For IPhone and IPod touch, just copy this url http://www.chiarapassa.it/wag/mobile/
in Safari and choose: “add to home” and the WAG's icon will be saved on your IPhone. Do the same for IPad but paste this other URL:http://www.chiarapassa.it/wagipad/mobile/
, or download the widget version for Mac osx dashboard at: http://www.chiarapassa.it/publicart.html
. Past exhibitions at: http://the-widget-art-gallery.blogspot.com/
To know more about the Widget Art Gallery, I suggest to read my latest interview on Rhizome http://rhizome.org/editorial/2012/oct/29/gallery-your-pocket/
P.S. Exceptionally for this exhibition, due the different technical specifications, you can use the same URL for IPhone and IPad: http://www.chiarapassa.it/wagipad/mobile/
Enjoy the show!
Very best, Chiara.
About the exhibition:
How to practice a show show of an un done show via de-of-ing of a show through NonElegancing code show? - is a complex sounding short description of a possibly simpler kind of practice.
The practice questions how elements such as art exhibition/show contexts, material sensitivity, codes and algorithms, can be a way/technology for shared cultural imagining. In my version, the shared cultural element is done through negotiative processes that, in themselves, attempt to:
* offer a critique of the questions.
* allow the doing activities as positives, of various negative elements (the Non, the De, and the Un), hence having to negotiate its way.
* allow the possibility of self critique for the process.
* be the directional material for the practice. (i.e. to provide various "directions of negotiations": e.g. a person to person and an organisation; a person Through a person to a machine to an organisation, a person through code to many, a person to person to many and the many to just one of these, and so on..)
To do the practice, at least in this 1st attempt, the process has already began through negotiations between Chiara Passa - the WAG curator - and me. (aharon) The negotiations were to do with the general look, feel and activities in WAG, during the month of practising at the gallery. Here are the .coded^^ files.
The gallery will contain:
* information of how to negotiate uploading of .coded artworld^ websites
* how to negotiate contacting relevant people & organisations to tell them their material has been .coded
* documentation - if any - of negotiations regarding the .coding of artworld sites.
* compressed files of .coded sites to download.
* the look, and reflections on it, of the WAG.
There are a fair few "artworlds" - e.g. http://plausibleartworlds.org/
to begin with.
In this instance, the practice is negotiating with the art environment that is geared towards sustaining cultural activities - at times critical as well - through numerical & power motivated investments & gains. (ie an art environment that is mainly interested in the transcendence of cultural elements into various forms of power, rather than an interest in, for example, forms of art..)
.coded (DotCoded) files are documents that their extensions was changed to .code. This is done to indicate that people can open these files as the binary or text code they are stored with. The intention is to view the code rather than the image/s or read the text, etc..
Aharon's website: http://aharonic.net/how-to-practice-show-show-at-wag
Chiara Passa - new media email@example.com://www.chiarapassa.ithttp://www.ideasonair.nethttp://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiara_Passa
Find me also: http://www.chiarapassa.it/socialnetworks.html