abe
Since 2002
Works in Boulder United States of America

PORTFOLIO (2)
Discussions (99) Opportunities (1) Events (1) Jobs (0)


DISCUSSION

Re: NEW BIRD


no, jo, i did not silence isabelle,

but it's easy to silence manik, just create a new rule for your mailbox:

reject=manik@ptt.yu

bye manik, you will not be missed

manik wrote:
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "abe linkoln" <abe@linkoln.net <mailto:abe@linkoln.net>>
> To: <list@rhizome.org <mailto:list@rhizome.org>> <mailto:manik@ptt.yu>
> Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2004 11:01 AM
> Subject: Re: RHIZOME_RAW: INTELECTUAL SHIT
>
> "abe linkoln" wrote:
> >not a very good netochka nezvanova impression your doing manik.
> >go try your act over in the syndicate list, i'm sure you'll get scared
> >and come crawling back to raw very quietly.
>
> Who is netochka nezvanova,new bird?
> Are you so mentally limited that after two years
> can't think out something new?
> Don't be nervous,your video is so bad
> that deserve few more words.
> Hope you have your adviser around?
> MANIK
>
>
>
>
> manik wrote:
> > >abe wrote:
> > >hello,
> >
> > >this video is about the truth of nerve endings and microphones.
> >
> > >abe
> >
> > MANIK WROTE:
> > You are man who know "*/The Truth/*"!Typical for
> > amateur&megalomaniac.Only they know the truth.
> > We haven't seen Agricola de Ko... for a long time-to much death and
> > disaster.
> > Maybe you want to continued his necrophilia job- to exploit other people
> > trouble?
> > Your declaration put your work on place where it belong:it's miserable
> > neo-pop
> > with pompous scholarly explanation.
> >
> > MANIK
> >
> >
>
>

DISCUSSION

Re: MAN WHO KNOW THE TRUTH


----- Original Message -----
From: "abe linkoln" <abe@linkoln.net>
To: <list@rhizome.org> <mailto:manik@ptt.yu>
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2004 11:01 AM
Subject: Re: RHIZOME_RAW: INTELECTUAL SHIT

not a very good netochka nezvanova impression your doing manik.
go try your act over in the syndicate list, i'm sure you'll get scared
and come crawling back to raw very quietly.

manik wrote:
> >abe wrote:
> >hello,
>
> >this video is about the truth of nerve endings and microphones.
>
> >abe
>
> MANIK WROTE:
> You are man who know "*/The Truth/*"!Typical for
> amateur&megalomaniac.Only they know the truth.
> We haven't seen Agricola de Ko... for a long time-to much death and
> disaster.
> Maybe you want to continued his necrophilia job- to exploit other people
> trouble?
> Your declaration put your work on place where it belong:it's miserable
> neo-pop
> with pompous scholarly explanation.
>
> MANIK
>
>

DISCUSSION

Re: isabelle dinoire


hello,

this video is about the truth of nerve endings and microphones.

abe

aabrahams wrote:
> This is what I wrote to Abe this morning :
>
>
>>"I do appreciate your work a lot, but this time I don't understand you.
>>For me the images on the tele were a lot more impressive.
>>you made a cartoon out of an act of courage. (even when certainly
>>inspired/obliged by for-fame-looking surgeons)
>>and you didn't denounce anything
>>
>>you were
>>just making fun?
>>
>>did I miss something?
>>
>>best Annie Abrahams"
>>
>
>
>
> it's impossible to tell the truth.
> this is not about truth or falsity
>
> maybe about morals?
>
>
>
>
> On 2/7/06, Marisa Olson <marisa@rhizome.org> wrote:
>
>>>>http://dvblog.org/isabelle-dinoire
>>
>>>The music is great & the creation of a kind of 'arc of
>>>suspense', of crafting an implied narrative out of the
>>>source material is done with consummate skill.
>>
>>I agree. It was very engaging.
>>
>>
>>>I can't help feeling that this piece, effective as it
>>>is (& perhaps precisely because of this) somehow fails
>>>in an artistically and ethically problematic way to
>>>*tell the truth*...
>>
>>I find this to be an interesting point. Some questions...
>>
>>*Why is it artistically important to tell the truth?
>>*Why is it ethically important to tell the truth in a work of art?
>>*How does this piece fail to tell the truth, in your opinion?
>>*[How] does it lie?
>>*Is this simply a question of humane reference to human subjects or some
>>larger point about the responsibility of art? (all art?)
>>*Is this an expectation imposed on a work of art because of its use of
>>"documentary" material?
>>*Is the "reality" of the source material, itself, not true enough?
>>*Or do you find this to be some sort of "double positive" (ie true footage
>>plus true footage equals falsity..)?
>>*Without implying that this piece tries to do so, but just jumping to the
>>larger question, is it "artistically and ethically problematic" to draw
>>from verite to escape from and/or parody reality?
>>
>>Sorry--I had to use at least one French word in this post. :)
>>
>>Marisa
>>
>>
>>On 2/7/06, Michael Szpakowski <szpako@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>>This is as well made as one would expect it to be.
>>>The music is great & the creation of a kind of 'arc of
>>>suspense', of crafting an implied narrative out of the
>>>source material is done with consummate skill.
>>>Why then do I feel so uncomfortable with it?
>>>I think because it seems to impose a narrative from
>>>particular fictional genres, horror, SF ( & here I
>>>call as my witness the music, accomplished as it is,
>>>and the synching of the final frames to the music, the
>>>convulsive quality of it - & I don't think I am simply
>>>projecting any personal squeamishness here) onto a
>>>current event,the story of which moreover, even
>>>allowing for the hype & distortion endemic to our
>>>media, is clearly a complex web of tragedy,
>>>resourcefulness, gratitude, ( oh -& a deep
>>>strangeness, I don't deny)..
>>>I can't help feeling that this piece, effective as it
>>>is (& perhaps precisely because of this) somehow fails
>>>in an artistically and ethically problematic way to
>>>*tell the truth*...
>>>michael
>>>
>>>--- abe linkoln <abe@linkoln.net> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>http://dvblog.org/isabelle-dinoire
>>>>
>>>>+
>>>>-> post: list@rhizome.org
>>>>-> questions: info@rhizome.org
>>>>-> subscribe/unsubscribe:
>>>>http://rhizome.org/preferences/subscribe.rhiz
>>>>-> give: http://rhizome.org/support
>>>>+
>>>>Subscribers to Rhizome are subject to the terms set
>>>>out in the
>>>>Membership Agreement available online at
>>>>http://rhizome.org/info/29.php
>>>>
>>>
>>>+
>>>-> post: list@rhizome.org
>>>-> questions: info@rhizome.org
>>>-> subscribe/unsubscribe: http://rhizome.org/preferences/subscribe.rhiz
>>>-> give: http://rhizome.org/support
>>>+
>>>Subscribers to Rhizome are subject to the terms set out in the
>>>Membership Agreement available online at http://rhizome.org/info/29.php
>>>
>>
>>
>>+
>>-> post: list@rhizome.org
>>-> questions: info@rhizome.org
>>-> subscribe/unsubscribe: http://rhizome.org/preferences/subscribe.rhiz
>>-> give: http://rhizome.org/support
>>+
>>Subscribers to Rhizome are subject to the terms set out in the
>>Membership Agreement available online at http://rhizome.org/info/29.php
>>
>
>
>
> --
>
> Traces :
>
> Sessions provi&testi 2005
> francais http://bram.org/special/provi&testi/index.htm
> english http://bram.org/special/provi&testi/indexang.htm
>
> Puisque ma Voix
> francais http://bram.org/special/puisque/index.htm
> english http://bram.org/special/puisque/indexeng.htm
>
> +
> -> post: list@rhizome.org
> -> questions: info@rhizome.org
> -> subscribe/unsubscribe: http://rhizome.org/preferences/subscribe.rhiz
> -> give: http://rhizome.org/support
> +
> Subscribers to Rhizome are subject to the terms set out in the
> Membership Agreement available online at http://rhizome.org/info/29.php
>
>
>
>