When you experience fat loss with your fitness and weight loss program, you will not only notice that you are losing weight, but you will also lose inches. The basic element in any weigh loss program is exercise. In order for it to be effective, you should exercise at least 20 minutes five times a week. This does not necessarily mean that you should have a vigorous workout, but walking and jogging can really add to your routine, if you do these types of exercises on alternate days.
In addition to exercising, which is the number one tip for weight loss, there are several other things you can do.
* pump iron lift weights, even if they are hand or ankle weights while you are exercising. These increase the resistance on the muscles and help to tone them up.
* keep a food diary this helps you to see where your extra calories and coming from and helps you to better regulate your diet.
* stay focused on the fat loss you want to achieve there will be times when you get discouraged, but you have to keep encouraging yourself to stick to the program you have set for yourself. find out what causes you to overeat many people overeat to compensate for stress in their lives.
Learn other coping techniques that keeps you from regaining the fat you lose.
* get support join a gym or a weight loss program, such as Weight Watchers, for example. Even having a friend to work out with helps to keep you focused on your goal.
* watch the portions of food you eat cutting down on calories results in the loss of fat. If you eat calorie rich foods try switching to snacks that do not contain calories and have lots of protein.
* slow weight loss is good do not try to lose all of your unwanted fat in a short period of time. A healthy weight loss is about 2 pounds per week and you may even have weeks where you do not lose any weight.
* slow down when you are eating. Eating fast helps to put on pounds and eating slowly fills you up faster.
* water is essential drink lots of water at least 8 10 glasses per day. This helps to flush the fat out of your system.