“The East Japan Earthquake Archive (3D Photo-overlays of The East Japan Earthquake)” is a mash-up content to understand the real state of affairs of the Japan Earthquake that cannot be understood by inspecting individual photographs. Users can view over 100 photographs from New York Times and others using google earth, and compare sceneries before / after the earthquake. All photographs are overlapped with three-dimensional geographical features, so the damage situation of the Sendai airport and the Fukushima nuclear power plant and others can be understood three-dimensionally. And also, Google's imagery update of Japan is included, users can switch latest and past satellite image by radio-buttons. We will add more photographs as much as possible.
- TRANSART INSTITUTE seeks independent, inquisitive and imaginative artists for its low-residency MFA program. Deadline: December 1st, 2011.
- Culturia in Berlin posts an open call for residency for artists and researchers. Deadline: December 5, 2011
- In Tokyo, 3331 Arts Chiyoda has a residency for May, June, October, November and December 2012. Deadline: December 30, 2011.
Call for Submissions:
- The Cube Prize 2012 will be awarded for the first time during the Le Cube Festival to the best creation in digital art by a young artist under age 35. Deadline: January 31, 2012
- Rhizome is accepting applications for spring Editorial Fellow.
- Stony Brook University's Department of Art is hiring an Assistant Professor in Photography
- The University of North Texas (UNT) seeks an accomplished interdisciplinary artist or an artist-scientist for an Interdisciplinary Faculty Position. The university is also hiring a Faculty Position in Physical Computing and the Arts
- Massachusetts College of Art and Design has an open tenue track position for a contemporary media artist.
- Furtherfield presents Moving Forest 500 Slogans workshop at Victoria & Albert Museum. Dec 2, 2011 in London.
- Saturday, Dec 3. An artist talk with Nina Katchadourian and Krzysztof Wodiczko in New York
- Critical Information, Mapping the Intersection of Art and Technology. SVA Graduate Students Conference Dec 3, 2011.
- The Métamatic Research Initiative artist talk with Brigitte Zieger in Amsterdam. Dec 6, 2011.
- Exit Art: Printed Histories opens Dec 16th at Exit Art
- We've been Re-Distributed is Ryan Hughes' first one-person presentation in the UK. Artist Talk: Tuesday 6th December 12pm in ARTicle, Birmingham City University.