We would like to take a quick break from our blogging to thank our sponsors for the month of May. These are the people that make all our publishing possible, so check them out!
- artnet Auctions features 24/7 online auctions of modern and contemporary fine art, prints and photographs by important artists, connecting buyers and sellers on expert-evaluated works of art. Their design auction begins on May 19 and is currently accepting consignments.
- ArtPrize fills up the town of Grand Rapids, MI with art for 19 days straight in its 3rd annual outing, this year from September 21 to October 9. The competitive event will give away a $250,000 cash prize to one winning artist, decided by public vote.
- Artwrit is an independent quarterly and monthly publication committed to excellence in art writing. Artwrit’s first monthly issue was published this month, featuring essays on Picasso, Richard Serra and Angel Otero.
- Piece of Mind is an exhibition curated by MA degree candidates in the Art Market program at The Fashion Institute of Technology, showing artists who explore how various types of accumulations, actual objects or amassed memories, can be presented and interpreted. The exhibition runs through May 28 at Elga Wimmer PCC (526 West 26th Street #310).
- Shapley Creative provides creative copy and media releases for artists and musicians alike. Are you a brilliant artist but a lousy writer? Shapley Creative has your back.
- Fundación Telefónica has made a commitment to technological innovation related to art as the central focus of its activities, showing special interest in support to forums around art, science and technology. Their Vida 13.2 Art & Artificial Life International Competition is open for entries until July 27. The Vida contest gathers inter-disciplinary projects that respond to new development in artificial life. Defying the boundaries between existing practices, these projects offer new ways of reflecting on what we understand as life.
- Williamsburg Every 2:ND Fridays showcases Williamburg’s gallery scene with a night of openings and parties on the second Friday of every month. Williamsburg Every 2:ND Fridays are sponsored by AT&T.
Rhizome provides an invaluable resource to the world of new media and digital art as an archive, exhibition space and daily blog. Our sponsors know that too. Once a month we introduce our sponsors to our readers and let them know a little more about who they are and what they do. You can say thanks to the companies that support Rhizome by tweeting them or following them on Facebook.
Interested in becoming a sponsor? To find out more about sponsorship/advertising opportunities, visit Nectar Ads, the ad network for art.