. blog —

Deadline for Rhizome Commissions Program is Sunday Night!

By Rhizome

Calling all artists! This is it -- the last few days to apply to the Rhizome Commissions Program. The deadline is midnight, April 13th EST. Apply now!

— Share this Article —

Comments

shagun April 13 2008 19:17Reply

I am not sure if I am the only one with this problem but the html voting code which needs to be embedded in the website has been a bit problematic with IE and safari. It works well with firefox but it totally wipes off my page when i try to look at it in either IE or safari. Any suggestions to work around this?

shagun April 13 2008 19:21Reply

I solved it. The ""//–>" in the script caused the problem. It needs to go incase anyone else is having a problem out there.

MTAA April 13 2008 20:25Reply

That shouldn't have caused you a problem. That line of code is ending the HTML comment wrapping the javascript, but it's also commented out of the javascript as well.

There must have been some other issue with your page.

I'm using the code with no problems.

Pattie Belle Hastings April 18 2008 10:00Reply

I'm having the same problem - voting bar is fine in Firefox, but no show in Safari. I tried your fix (removing the comment) but it didn't work for me…

Patrick May April 18 2008 12:50Reply

Hello,

There was a bug with the "login" form on the voting tool. Basically, if one was not logged in then it did not render properly. That's why it worked in your Firefox (where you were logged in to Rhizome), but not in Safari. This bug has been fixed. Thanks as always for the heads up!

Cheers,

Patrick

Scott Blake April 13 2008 23:06Reply

I just submitted my proposal and feel like I'm about to explode in anticipation. Thanks for the opportunity RHIZOME.

sorsak April 13 2008 23:51Reply

oooooh. it would be nice if after submitting a proposal you received a confirmation email…

erik sanner April 14 2008 00:08Reply

agree. there's a "save proposal" button, nothing says "submit," just have to believe it will be seen. maybe they'll email everyone after the deadline?

naeem mohaiemen April 14 2008 01:16Reply

Erick, after you SAVE PROPOSAL, you get another screen saying SUBMIT. You have to check the box that says "I accept these conditions" (something like rhat). At least that's what I got when I submitted. But every subsequent time, when you go to make edits and RE-SAVE, you don't get that screen. If you are not sure it has gone through, submit again, you still have another hour.

alexandra verhaest April 14 2008 08:37Reply

I submitted weeks ago… and then they postponed the deadline. I sure hope mine is in…
http://www.alexandraverhaest.be/alexandraverhaest/Rhizome_comissions_2009_proposal.html comments more than welcome!

erik sanner April 14 2008 12:12Reply

thanks a lot. i must have submitted a few days ago. good luck!

Krista Hoefle April 14 2008 09:04Reply

hi alexandra–i love your project idea! good luck:)

alexandra verhaest April 14 2008 10:09Reply

thanks Krista! I'm very curios about the other proposals .. maybe I should chip in for the membership…

shagun April 14 2008 12:17Reply

hmm..did anyone get a confirmation email though? I didnt !

erik sanner April 14 2008 12:18Reply

nope. but if you go to "commissions" there's now a button that says "edit submitted proposal (until voting begins)" - since that button is appearing, that is some sort of comfirmation that you do, in fact, have a submitted proposal

Kay Matschullat April 14 2008 13:07Reply

Is the appearance of a proposal in the edit submitted proposal category definitely a confirmation that the proposal is received?
K

MTAA April 14 2008 14:46Reply

…just got a confirm email FYI

Lauren Cornell April 14 2008 20:06Reply

hi all,
we sent out a confirmation email to all who applied today. you can edit your applications until the 17th when voting starts. let us know if you have any further questions/ comments. the feedback on "saving" and "submitting" is useful, too.
lauren

Jacqueline Passmore April 15 2008 09:19Reply

hi lauren-
my brother and i applied on the 13th with this project: www.thoughtengineers.com/modbrowse
the rhizome submission page said the proposal had been made, but we haven't received a confirmation email. is that anything to be concerned about? is there any way to check that the application went through? thank you, best j

Jacqueline Passmore April 15 2008 13:32Reply

just to be clear re: posting- I am able to log into our application under Commissions, we've just not received email confirmation of application. thank you – j

Scott Blake April 17 2008 01:11Reply

OMG it is April 17th.
Voting has begun!

Paul Chambers April 17 2008 11:26Reply

I did not receive a confirmation e-mail.

Paul Chambers