DIGITAL OBJECTS is a feature series organized by RHIZOME INTERNET that
looks at the place of new media art in the gallery. It consists of short
texts contributed by gallerists and curators about new media art.
DIGITAL OBJECTS is an attempt to collect and distribute critical
appraisals of new media art by arts presenters on an international
The project began by inviting professionals from New York venues to
contribute their thoughts, and has been extended internationally via
RHIZOME INTERNET's global network of Regional Editors to include the
views of gallerists and curators around the world. DIGITAL OBJECTS will
be distributed to the members of RHIZOME INTERNET's online community via
RHIZOME's email lists and Web site.
DIGITAL OBJECTS asks arts presenters the following questions:
* How would you define "new media art?"
* Is there space in traditional galleries for new media work?
* Who is making the work that is being considered "new media"?
* What is the value of new media art projects to the arts community?
* What, if anything, interests you about new media art and the
experiences it offers?
* What challenges or issues need to be addressed when presenting new
media projects in traditional art spaces?
* Is your space presenting or planning to present any new media
DIGITAL OBJECTS offers the opportunity for arts presenters to speak on
new media art directly to the new media art community that is now
converging on their exhibition spaces.
For more information please contact: email@example.com