IT IS CARNIVAL!"
Paulo Villela, the more "carioca *" Artist that I know, has an amazing
drawing. It was said once that his drawing has French style and English
sense of humour. I agree. Villela will launch another new exhibition: "E
CaRnaval!" (It is Carnival), at the Restaurant Botequim, Visconde de
Caravelas Street, 184, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro. The vernissage will be on
2007 February 5th, 19:00. The exhibition will be opened until 2007 April
8th, daily, during the time in which the restaurant will be opened.
During the vernissage it will be launched the book "Guia do Carnaval de Rua,
Rio de Janeiro" (Rio de Janeiro, Street Carnival Guide"), Published by Bei,
with cover and drawings by the artist.
Paulo Villela loves the "carioca" carnival, he loves carnival so much and
because of this he founded with his family the Carnavalesque Parade "Zona
So" (Only Mess), It parades every year during the carnival and all Paulo
Villela's family parades together!
There you will find:
- a miniature of the exhibition "E Carnaval!" ,
- a link to the artist web page,
- links to his works at the museum: Envy, Pride, Baroque, Medieval and
- the 2006 parade of the carnavalesque parade "Simpatia e Quase Amor",
which parades with the t-shirt created by the artist,
- his work to the "Rancho Carnavalesco Flor do Sereno" (Carnavalesque Parade
Night Watchman's Flower), 2007: t-shirt and CD ROM cover, that had
- an interview
- and much fun!http://arteonline.arq.br/newsletter/paulo_villela/
;-) Enjoy!!! Enjoy!!! Enjoy!!! Enjoy!!! Enjoy!!! Enjoy!!! Enjoy!!! Enjoy!!!
Carnival is Art and " o Artista tem que ir aonde o povo esta".
* Carioca is who is born in Rio de Janeiro, a true carioca has to love his
city and culture with madness.
Regina Celia Pinto
Museum of the Essential and Beyond Thathttp://arteonline.arq.br
Library of Marvelshttp://arteonline.arq.br/library.htm