UNIVERSAL ACID COUNTDOWN!!!!!!!

Posted by abe | Sat Dec 31st 2005 2:28 p.m.

Rhizomerz,

Marisa Olson and I are doing an online performance today

6 video performances, and 6 remixes in 12 hours!

First couple of vids are already online, check in all day
till midnight west coast time!

http://universalacid.net/

:)))))))))))))))))))
Abe
  • Marisa Olson | Sat Dec 31st 2005 2:46 p.m.
    Yes! We're having so much fun! Please join us!

    The project will be part of Surge, the Free103Point9/Rhizome show,
    later this month, but we hope you'll also check in while the whole
    thing is going down... And post comments! Reblog it! Have fun! Trip
    out!

    It's Universal Acid... It can't be contained!!

    Feliz navidad!!!!!

    Marisa

    PS Big thanks to MTAA, Lee Walton, Doron Golan, Free103, Lauren
    Cornell, and Francis Hwang...

    On 12/31/05, abe linkoln <abe@linkoln.net> wrote:
    > Rhizomerz,
    >
    > Marisa Olson and I are doing an online performance today
    >
    > 6 video performances, and 6 remixes in 12 hours!
    >
    > First couple of vids are already online, check in all day
    > till midnight west coast time!
    >
    > http://universalacid.net/
    >
    > :)))))))))))))))))))
    > Abe
    >
    > +
    > -> post: list@rhizome.org
    > -> questions: info@rhizome.org
    > -> subscribe/unsubscribe: http://rhizome.org/preferences/subscribe.rhiz
    > -> give: http://rhizome.org/support
    > +
    > Subscribers to Rhizome are subject to the terms set out in the
    > Membership Agreement available online at http://rhizome.org/info/29.php
    >
  • abe | Mon Jan 2nd 2006 4:59 p.m.
    post y2k6 keerraash update:::

    our intel sources tell us it was a combo of some elite french hackers,
    the mexican wi-fi flu, and all the combined computers of the austrian
    and Australian nations that brought down the site with one hour left of
    the performance.

    i am happy to report that we are now fully operational and our servers
    are being guarded by 4, yes 4, m.i.t. nerdjas (half nerds half ninjas
    that can code in machine language with the left hand while fighting off
    up to 8 men with their right).

    http://universalacid.net

    goodluck and goodnight,
    abe

    abe linkoln wrote:
    > Rhizomerz,
    >
    > Marisa Olson and I are doing an online performance today
    >
    > 6 video performances, and 6 remixes in 12 hours!
    >
    > First couple of vids are already online, check in all day
    > till midnight west coast time!
    >
    > http://universalacid.net/
    >
    > :)))))))))))))))))))
    > Abe
    >
    > +
    > -> post: list@rhizome.org
    > -> questions: info@rhizome.org
    > -> subscribe/unsubscribe: http://rhizome.org/preferences/subscribe.rhiz
    > -> give: http://rhizome.org/support
    > +
    > Subscribers to Rhizome are subject to the terms set out in the
    > Membership Agreement available online at http://rhizome.org/info/29.php
    >
    >
    >
    >
  • curt cloninger | Tue Jan 3rd 2006 6:18 p.m.
    i couldn't resist:
    http://playdamage.org/65.html

    abe wrote:

    > post y2k6 keerraash update:::
    >
    > our intel sources tell us it was a combo of some elite french
    > hackers,
    > the mexican wi-fi flu, and all the combined computers of the austrian
    > and Australian nations that brought down the site with one hour left
    > of
    > the performance.
    >
    > i am happy to report that we are now fully operational and our servers
    > are being guarded by 4, yes 4, m.i.t. nerdjas (half nerds half ninjas
    > that can code in machine language with the left hand while fighting
    > off
    > up to 8 men with their right).
    >
    > http://universalacid.net
    >
    > goodluck and goodnight,
    > abe
  • Michael Szpakowski | Wed Jan 4th 2006 3:27 a.m.
    All great but
    http://playdamage.org/64.html
    particularly so - a collaboration, I take it?
    best
    michael

    ----- Original Message ----
    From: curt cloninger <curt@lab404.com>
    To: list@rhizome.org
    Sent: 04 January 2006 01:18:53
    Subject: RHIZOME_RAW: Re: Re: UNIVERSAL ACID COUNTDOWN!!!!!!!

    i couldn't resist:
    http://playdamage.org/65.html

    abe wrote:

    > post y2k6 keerraash update:::
    >
    > our intel sources tell us it was a combo of some elite french
    > hackers,
    > the mexican wi-fi flu, and all the combined computers of the austrian
    > and Australian nations that brought down the site with one hour left
    > of
    > the performance.
    >
    > i am happy to report that we are now fully operational and our servers
    > are being guarded by 4, yes 4, m.i.t. nerdjas (half nerds half ninjas
    > that can code in machine language with the left hand while fighting
    > off
    > up to 8 men with their right).
    >
    > http://universalacid.net
    >
    > goodluck and goodnight,
    > abe
    +
    -> post: list@rhizome.org
    -> questions: info@rhizome.org
    -> subscribe/unsubscribe: http://rhizome.org/preferences/subscribe.rhiz
    -> give: http://rhizome.org/support
    +
    Subscribers to Rhizome are subject to the terms set out in the
    Membership Agreement available online at http://rhizome.org/info/29.php
  • curt cloninger | Wed Jan 4th 2006 9:02 a.m.
    At 2:27 AM -0800 1/4/06, Michael Szpakowski wrote:
    >All great but
    >http://playdamage.org/64.html
    >particularly so - a collaboration, I take it?

    Hi Michael,

    Yes, a collaboration with my eldest daughter, Caroline. That last
    instruction is a pun. "The light turned on" is the light of the
    lightning bugs.

    Caroline, as you may recall, is the recipient of last year's
    prestigious Genius 2000 Golden Palm for Lifetime Achievement:
    http://www.geocities.com/genius-2000/Winners2005.html
    http://lab404.com/watercolor/caroline.jpg

    She made her net art debut here in 2000:
    http://playdamage.org/6.html

    best,
    curt

    p.s. view source at each playdamage screen for source credits.
Your Reply