the onion is funny

Posted by MTAA | Thu May 29th 2003 12:13 p.m.

Magical Gallery Transforms Dull Objects Into Art
NEW YORK-A magical New York art gallery has the power to turn dull,
everyday items into brilliant works of art, sources reported Monday.
"Seth Clayton's devastating Untitled No. 7 captures the despair of
urban ennui in a way that's post-ironic yet somehow pre-pomo," said
David E. Sherry, owner of the David E. Sherry Gallery, while admiring
a rusty bucket and tattered boot lying on the gallery floor. "Its
eloquence is truly heartbreaking."

++

hahahahaha
--
<twhid>
http://www.mteww.com
</twhid>
  • curt cloninger | Thu May 29th 2003 3:26 p.m.
    the turner prize is even funnier:

    http://portal.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2003/05/29/uturner.xml

    _
    _

    t.whid wrote:

    > Magical Gallery Transforms Dull Objects Into Art
    > NEW YORK-A magical New York art gallery has the power to turn dull,
    > everyday items into brilliant works of art, sources reported Monday.
    > "Seth Clayton's devastating Untitled No. 7 captures the despair of
    > urban ennui in a way that's post-ironic yet somehow pre-pomo," said
    > David E. Sherry, owner of the David E. Sherry Gallery, while admiring
    > a rusty bucket and tattered boot lying on the gallery floor. "Its
    > eloquence is truly heartbreaking."
    >
    > ++
    >
    > hahahahaha
    > --
    > <twhid>
    > http://www.mteww.com
    > </twhid>
  • Michael Szpakowski | Thu May 29th 2003 5:59 p.m.
    Whilst I absolutely agree with the general thrust
    nevertheless the Daily Telegraph as a source of
    comment about the arts ( or anything for that matter)
    should be treated with caution.
    It's the paper of the huntin',shootin' and fishin'
    classes, the ones who still haven't grasped the fact
    that Empire is over and who probably find Van Gogh a
    little avant garde.
    best
    michael
    --- curt cloninger <curt@lab404.com> wrote:
    > the turner prize is even funnier:
    >
    >
    http://portal.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2003/05/29/uturner.xml
    >
    > _
    > _
    >
    >
    > t.whid wrote:
    >
    > > Magical Gallery Transforms Dull Objects Into Art
    > > NEW YORK-A magical New York art gallery has the
    > power to turn dull,
    > > everyday items into brilliant works of art,
    > sources reported Monday.
    > > "Seth Clayton's devastating Untitled No. 7
    > captures the despair of
    > > urban ennui in a way that's post-ironic yet
    > somehow pre-pomo," said
    > > David E. Sherry, owner of the David E. Sherry
    > Gallery, while admiring
    > > a rusty bucket and tattered boot lying on the
    > gallery floor. "Its
    > > eloquence is truly heartbreaking."
    > >
    > > ++
    > >
    > > hahahahaha
    > > --
    > > <twhid>
    > > http://www.mteww.com
    > > </twhid>
    > + ti esrever dna ti pilf nwod gniht ym tup
    > -> post: list@rhizome.org
    > -> questions: info@rhizome.org
    > -> subscribe/unsubscribe:
    > http://rhizome.org/preferences/subscribe.rhiz
    > -> give: http://rhizome.org/support
    > +
    > Subscribers to Rhizome are subject to the terms set
    > out in the
    > Membership Agreement available online at
    http://rhizome.org/info/29.php

    =====
    *DISCLAIMER:This email any advice it contains is for the use is that of the sender and does not bind the precautions to minimise authority in any way. If you copy or distribute this by software viruses email. We have taken the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise that you carry out your own virus attachment to this message. Internet email that you observe this lack is not a secure communication medium, and we advise of security when emailing us. District Postmaster. http://www.somedancersandmusicians.com/ *

    __________________________________
    Do you Yahoo!?
    Yahoo! Calendar - Free online calendar with sync to Outlook(TM).
    http://calendar.yahoo.com
  • christopher otto | Thu May 29th 2003 6:35 p.m.
    i disagree about the turner prize, though the onion article describes
    almost exactly the show upstairs at kenny schacter conTEMPorary:)

    http://www.rovetv.net/bc&jb.html

    On Thu, 29 May 2003, Michael Szpakowski wrote:

    > Whilst I absolutely agree with the general thrust
    > nevertheless the Daily Telegraph as a source of
    > comment about the arts ( or anything for that matter)
    > should be treated with caution.
    > It's the paper of the huntin',shootin' and fishin'
    > classes, the ones who still haven't grasped the fact
    > that Empire is over and who probably find Van Gogh a
    > little avant garde.
    > best
    > michael
    > --- curt cloninger <curt@lab404.com> wrote:
    > > the turner prize is even funnier:
    > >
    > >
    > http://portal.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2003/05/29/uturner.xml
    > >
    > > _
    > > _
    > >
    > >
    > > t.whid wrote:
    > >
    > > > Magical Gallery Transforms Dull Objects Into Art
    > > > NEW YORK-A magical New York art gallery has the
    > > power to turn dull,
    > > > everyday items into brilliant works of art,
    > > sources reported Monday.
    > > > "Seth Clayton's devastating Untitled No. 7
    > > captures the despair of
    > > > urban ennui in a way that's post-ironic yet
    > > somehow pre-pomo," said
    > > > David E. Sherry, owner of the David E. Sherry
    > > Gallery, while admiring
    > > > a rusty bucket and tattered boot lying on the
    > > gallery floor. "Its
    > > > eloquence is truly heartbreaking."
    > > >
    > > > ++
    > > >
    > > > hahahahaha
    > > > --
    > > > <twhid>
    > > > http://www.mteww.com
    > > > </twhid>
    > > + ti esrever dna ti pilf nwod gniht ym tup
    > > -> post: list@rhizome.org
    > > -> questions: info@rhizome.org
    > > -> subscribe/unsubscribe:
    > > http://rhizome.org/preferences/subscribe.rhiz
    > > -> give: http://rhizome.org/support
    > > +
    > > Subscribers to Rhizome are subject to the terms set
    > > out in the
    > > Membership Agreement available online at
    > http://rhizome.org/info/29.php
    >
    >
    > =====
    > *DISCLAIMER:This email any advice it contains is for the use is that of the sender and does not bind the precautions to minimise authority in any way. If you copy or distribute this by software viruses email. We have taken the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise that you carry out your own virus attachment to this message. Internet email that you observe this lack is not a secure communication medium, and we advise of security when emailing us. District Postmaster. http://www.somedancersandmusicians.com/ *
    >
    > __________________________________
    > Do you Yahoo!?
    > Yahoo! Calendar - Free online calendar with sync to Outlook(TM).
    > http://calendar.yahoo.com
    > + ti esrever dna ti pilf nwod gniht ym tup
    > -> post: list@rhizome.org
    > -> questions: info@rhizome.org
    > -> subscribe/unsubscribe: http://rhizome.org/preferences/subscribe.rhiz
    > -> give: http://rhizome.org/support
    > +
    > Subscribers to Rhizome are subject to the terms set out in the
    > Membership Agreement available online at http://rhizome.org/info/29.php
    >

    .. . . . .
    .. .. . .
    . .
    http://userpages.umbc.edu/~cotto1
Your Reply