An update on MTAA's Automatic for the People: ( ) project.
Artists MTAA will conduct a performance on Feb 7 at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. What they during this performance and how they do it is up for a vote.
Go here to participate: http://mtaa.net/vote/
This is the situation thus far...Prologue
- a live audience at SFMOMA votes that the Automatic for the People: ( ) performance should happen in SFMOMA's freight elevatorPoll 1
- the people decided that the performance should be titled: Automatic for the People: (We Solemnly Promise That No One Will Get Naked)Poll 2
- it is decided that the duration of the performance should be "the exact same length as R.E.M.'s 'Automatic for the People' album"Poll 3
- house plants, 2x4s, lawn chairs and a PA are to be used as props during the performancePoll 4
- we've been directed tol refer to these themes during the performance: Marcel Duchamp, chat rooms, ukuleles and take-out foodPoll 5
- Actions. Poll is open NOW! http://mtaa.net/vote/
[*]sound, break, climb, fast, pray
[*]game, build, dance, slow, photograph
[*]speak, fold, read, spin, start
[*]drone, slide, pour, loop, light
[*]race, whisper, see, tip, film
[*]guess, learn, bite, fix, rejoice
[*]compare, divide, decide, call
[*]cry, tie, shut, cast, burst, knit
[*]ring, buy, sweep, meet, spend
[*]send, tell, grind, ride, forget
We suggest that you listen to the museum audio tour when visiting the Automatic for the People: ( ) website to vote.
First, go to mtaa.net/vote.
Then, dial: 415-294-3609, 424#
more info on MTAA:http://mtaa.net/mtaaRRhttp://mteww.com