I am selecting approximately 10 digital artists' work to be featured as part of a one-day corporate event to be held in September 16, 2003. Approximately 250 so-called opinion leaders and the media (both mainstream and technical) will attend the event. The space that the work will be presented in will be a rather large one (with a 65 foot ceiling height) so there are minimal space limitations.
* Participating artists will be paid a one-time fee.
* Participating artists' work for this event may be archived and available on sponsoring company's website.
* Excellent exposure to the media.
* Equipment will be available for use the day of the event [e.g., camera/mobile phone, TVs (flat-screen, plasma, etc.), monitors, notebook computers, camcorders, DVD players, etc.). Please note that the equipment will only be available for use the day of the event, not while developing the work.
* Work will not be sold during the event; but viewed/experienced, but it will b made clear on how potential buyers can contact the artist.
For the most part the work will be seen/experienced by a non-/somewhat technical audience and for a relatively short period of time. The work should be accessible and not heavily theoretical.
* Feature artists using digital technology in innovative ways
* Preferably artists that are living and working in NYC
* Preferably interactive
* Non-pornographic and non-political
DETAILS FOR SUBMISSION:
If you're interested in participating, please e-mail the following by Friday, June 20, 2003:
* Short description of your work (one-two paragraphs) including space needed and equipment used
* A copy of your CV
* Any URLs you may have that show your work
P.S. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions. If I can answer them, I will.