New York Digital Salon is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to assist with all aspects of managing the New York Digital Salon's 10th Anniversary international exhibition and symposium on new media art as well as assist with the development and day-to-day activities of all other New York Digital Salon projects. The ideal candidate is highly organized, has knowledge of art history, art education, contemporary fine art and digital art with press and public relations experience.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist and/or manage the education components of the exhibition and symposium, reaching out to both K-12 students and adult audiences.
- Oversee public relations activities including marketing, updating NYDS database, distributing Press Release, contacting the Press, assist with mailings, etc.
- Organize tours, gallery talks, interviews for press, etc. and help organize events in conjunction with exhibition (screenings, animations, performances).
- Assist with registrar activities, setting up and taking down the exhibition, production of exhibition signage - text and labels, and monitoring the gallery space during the duration of the exhibition.
- Assist with the distribution of loan forms, art insurance arrangements, ATA Carnet and customs, organize travel, delivery and return of artwork, file in-coming loan forms.
- BFA/BA required, MFA/MA preferred
- Computer skills: MS Word, Filemaker Pro, Excel; HTML helpful
- Superior organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills
Part-time position: 12:00 - 6:00 Monday - Friday
Time period: January through May 2003
How to apply: Please send a cover letter in the body of an email message with resume attached as MS Word or RTF document to Renee Schacht (email@example.com).