Metro Gold Line
Trading Cards Project
Have you been followed?
Congratulations! You have passed the first security clearance for Project 14. This communique outlines the specific requirements for Project 14, and the selection of Agent 14 (civilian reference, "Artist"). Please read all information carefully. Speak to no one (unless you have a question, of course.)
Project 14 seeks to create a series of fourteen exciting trading cards which:
* are similar or equal in quality to current popular trading cards
* appeal to youth and young adults (both girls and boys)
* incorporate a game about transportation etiquette, including safety tips
* commemorate the opening of the Metro Gold Line (Summer, 2003)
The qualified agent will be subject to a screening process conducted by shadow agents. Necessary documents will include:
* One page written summary explaining the concept of the proposal.
* One work sample: One (1) 2" X 3" illustration of a sample trading card centered on a 8.5 " X 11" white sheet of paper. Design must include a character, a color scheme, and one transportation etiquette sentence (i.e. "Before boarding a train, wait 'till all passengers exit."). *
* A written summary of the game concept (basic narrative, points, levels, etc.).
* A resume and three references, including name, phone number and title.
* A self addressed, stamped envelope for the return of your materials. MTA is not responsible for the loss or damage of original work.
The selected agent ("artist") will be briefed at a top-secret location and awarded a contract with the MTA for up to $ 7,500 American dollars. This budget will cover design of the trading cards, game structure, packaging and production oversight. The MTA, working through an underground network of skilled craftsmen, will print, package and distribute Project 14.
Metro Art selects agents through a peer review process. The panel for this project will consist of three operatives: two arts and design professionals and one community/user group member. This panel will select one agent ("artist") based on the selection criteria.
The panel will review all proposals based on the goals stated in this top secret communique, using the following selection criteria:
• the originality of the concept and artwork
• the quality of the concept and artwork
The final award will be contingent upon the review of resume and references
All professional US resident artists, designers, animators, illustrators, trading card designers and underground moles are eligible.
Proposal materials must be received by the MTA no later than 4:00 PM, Friday, February 28th, 2003.
MAIL MATERIALS TO:
(Metro Gold Line Trading Cards Project)
Request for Proposals
MTA Metro Art
One Gateway Plaza, 99-19-22
Los Angeles, CA 90012
For more information, log on www.mta.net/metroart/ or call 213-922-2726.
Be creative. Be aware. Believe in the power of Project 14.