Apologies for cross-posting. Please, share it with your collegues.
CALL FOR CHAPTERS PROPOSALS
BOOK "META-PLASTICITY IN VIRTUAL WORLDS:AESTHETICS AND SEMANTICS CONCEPTS"
Edited by Dr.Gianluca Mura,Politecnico di Milano University,Italy
To be published by IGI Global:
June 30,2009: Proposal Submission Deadline
July 15,2009: Notification of Acceptance
September 30,2009: Full Chapter Submission
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit on or before June
30, 2009, a 2-3 page chapter proposal clearly explaining the mission
and concerns of his or her proposed chapter.
Authors of accepted proposals will be notified by July 31, 2009 about
the status of their proposals and sent chapter guidelines.
Full chapters are expected to be submitted by September 30, 2009.
All submitted chapters will be reviewed on a double-blind review
basis. Contributors may also be requested to serve as reviewers for
Inquiries and submissions can be forwarded electronically(Word document)
The concept of virtual worlds is strongly related to the current
innovations of new media communication. This book offers an
interdisciplinary approach to virtual world studies focused on
aesthetics and semantics principles from science,technology,media arts
and design. It is important for researchers and practitioners
interested in this area to understand the actual criteria for creating
virtual worlds' as well as their further evolution, regarding system
architecture,information visualization and human interaction.
Objective of the Book
This book gives in-depth coverage of the state-of-the-art among the
best international research experiences of virtual world concept
creations from a wide range of media culture fields, at the edge of
artistic and scientific inquiry and emerging technologies. It will be
written for professionals, researchers, artists and designers who want
to improve their understanding of the strategic role of virtual worlds
within the development of digital communication.
The target audience of this book will be composed of professionals and
researchers, designers, artists, and creative developers, working in
various fields (e.g. information and communication sciences, art and
design, education, psychology, sociology, neurosciences, computer
science, and information technology). Moreover, the book will provide
insights and support to innovative and creative studies concerned
with the development of virtual worlds within different types of
working and research communities.
Recommended topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Virtual world projects, concepts, methodologies in
design,arts&humanities,science and technology
- Virtual reality,augmented and mixed reality studies and applications
- Human computer interaction and user interfaces studies and applications
- Human issues in virtual worlds
- Social communities in virtual worlds
- User generated 3D content
- Innovative 3D graphics,Web,Web3D,multimedia studies and applications
- Advanced interfaces and Interactive 3D immersive systems
- Real-time interactive networked media in Mobile mixed reality
- Wearable interfaces and tangible interfaces for 3D media
- Online videogames and edutainment projects
- Virtual worlds in education and training
- Virtual heritage projects
- Animated humanoid (avatars),virtual life,body and mind
- 3D modelling,animation,simulation studies and applications
- Information visualization within arts and scientific visualization
- Virtual worlds in industrial systems design
- Artwork,performances,installations media arts concepts and projects
- Imaginary and creative virtual worlds
This book is scheduled to be published by IGI Global (formerly Idea
Group Inc.), publisher of the ?Information Science Reference?
(formerly Idea Group Reference) and ?IGI Publishing? imprints. For
additional information regarding the publisher, please visit www.igi-global.com.
This publication is anticipated to be released in the second half of 2010.
Inquiries and submissions can be forwarded electronically (Word document) to:
Dr. Gianluca Mura
Faculty of Industrial Design and Arts
Politecnico di Milano University
Tel.: +39 0240095259
Fax: +39 99985712
GSM: +39 333 4522814