[size=25]Call for Videos[/size]
NeMe and Lanitis Foundation are collaborating for the organisation of The Mirror Stage, an international event to take place at the Lanitis Foundation, Limassol, Cyprus on 17-28 September 2008.
(The mirror stage) illustrates the conflictual nature of the dual relationship [between the Ego and the body
The stage is a mirror for all of human experience.
The Mirror Stage is the deliberately ambiguous title and starting point for this event which aims to explore the condition of contemporary art-video production, both technically and conceptually.
The exhibition will focus on:
- the dual nature of video as a documentary medium and as tool for creative expression.
- its inherent conflictual relationship between its body (to record) and its ego (to create)
The event will examine the question of video integrity and authorship in an age of deceptive and ambivalent mass media coverage.
We will favour experimental videos using narrative and non-narrative contexts.
NeMe is currently accepting video submissions as follows:
- maximum duration: 15 minutes
- Submission formats: .mov, .avi, .mpg2, miniDV (PAL)
- submissions deadline: 20 February 2008
- Please read the complete call and requirements on http://neme.org/main/734/the-mirror-stage-videos