GREETINGS FROM SCHOOL OF MACHINES, MAKING & MAKE-BELIEVE!
We are an independent school in Berlin hovering at the intersections of art, technology, design, & human connection. We are trying to be more responsive to the digital/socio-political climate, and design courses that we think are needed in the world.
INTRODUCING CODING FOR BEGINNERS:
5 AUGUST - 30 AUGUST 2018
ACUD (VETERANENSTRASSE 21, 10119 BERLIN)
FOUR WEEKS, FULL-TIME IN BERLIN, GERMANY.
A SMALL CLASS OF PARTICIPANTS.
How can we expand our visions of the world around us and ourselves in new ways by learning to code?
IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL LEARN
- Tools for generating ideas, building stories, completing an idea
- Tools for creating interactive artworks
- Toolkits and platforms like Processing, P5.js
- The basic concepts of working with code
- Playful ways of self-expression
- Programming building blocks by making fun experiments and projects
- Axidraw techniques for plotting artwork
- Playing with interaction, audio, and visuals
- Getting familiar with command line
- Gaining enough familiarity with code, reading documentation, installing tools and libraries, and using github etc. to carve your own way forward
- An amazing network and community of like-minded creative beings and potential future collaborators
**No previous experience necessary**
WEEK 1: Introductions, concepts, narratives, play, and critical discourse as an introduction to coding.
WEEK 2: Command line. Tools and Techniques for creating interactivity through code.
WEEK 3: Advanced coding techniques.
WEEK 4: Creating collective narrative and interactive experiences for a showcase to the public on the final day of the program.
WHO IS THIS PROGRAM FOR?
The workshop is suited for anyone interested in familiarising themselves with code and particularly suited for visual artists and designers keen to augment their practice. In a professional workshop, you will be taught through hands-on and playful explorations, creating visuals, animations, and interactive experiments. You will be provided with with an essential tool kit that can be applied across contexts and problems and will do so in a manner that is fun, accessible, and engaging.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM: http://schoolofma.org/coding-for-beginners/
APPLY HERE: https://schoolofmachines.agilecrm.com/forms/4604692500447232