School of Design, Faculty of Architecture and Design
Victoria University of Wellington
Seeking a full-time Lecturer in Industrial Design
(this is roughly the equivalent of Assistant Professor in the USA).
• Candidates with recognised high quality professional expertise in Industrial Design, or those who hold a Masters or PhD degree in Industrial Design or a related field and/or who have recognised research achievements, will be given preference for the position.
• Applicants should have a record indicating especially high quality creative works and/or high quality research output either during or after completion of their studies.
Applicants should have a record indicating especially high quality creative works and/or high quality research output either during or after completion of their studies.
• Previous university-level teaching in Industrial Design would be an advantage.
• Experience in industry or industry related design research will be an advantage, as will evidence of international networks and collaboration.
• Knowledge of Software used: 2nd Life, Solidworks, Rhino, Photoshop/Gimp, Freehand, 3dsMax/Blender, Game Engine software UT or others, as well as an ability to source/adapt emerging software to new applications and to teach the underlying 3D principles. A philosophy of Open Source is also an advantage.
• An understanding of how such software can be creatively connected to physical inputs/outputs such as 3D scanning, rapid prototyping, CNC machining and laser/plasma cutting.
• A specialization or expertise in one or more fields within the discipline is desirable, and preferably:
- Drawing and rapid visualization for design, as a means of developing and communicating design ideas in a variety of media (from traditional to digital) and a variety of forms relevant to Industrial design and Digital Media (from perspective sketching to storyboarding and scenario building).
For more information and to apply online, visit this link:
School of Design at Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand