Compact-Impact Night is a new media and design exhibition that promotes the latest ideas and creations in technology and places them in the Japanese design and technology store “Compact-Impact” for public view. The idea is to encourage new media artists, designers and technologists to create works beyond the prototyping phase and to give them an outlet for presenting their works to the public; be it art, installation, interior design, product design, space design, web, toys, video manipulation, games, or music.
Compact-Impact has had a technology and design presence in New York for over three years. In hosting Compact-Impact Night, the retail store is helping to bridge the gap between concept and production by allowing new ideas to be displayed in a retail environment. With the help of Kiho and Yoshimi, the owners of Compact Impact, the selected new media artists of CIN take over the Compact Impact store, turning it into an event that allows the public to view the latest in new media creations. Compact-Impact Night gives new media designers a public outlet as well as promotes the production of innovative retail products.
Date: Sep. 24th, 2004 (Friday Night) 7pm-11pm (normal exhibition hours)
Compact Impact is located at 21 AVENUE B (btw 2nd and 3rd), New York, NY 10009
Upcoming Artists and Designers for Compact-Impact Night vol.3:
01. Daniel C. Howe, Digital Media Artist, New York
02. Dennis Crowley and Alex Rainert, Interactive Product Designers, New York
03. Enable Arts, Abilities Design Shop, New York
04. Eric Singer, Engineer and Artist, New York
05. Eric Socolofsky, Interactive Installation Designer, New York
06. Melissa Ulto, VJ, Film Maker and Artist, New York
07. Michael Sharon and Scott Fitzgerald, New Media Performance Artists, New York
08. Pursue the Pulse, Media Arts Collective, New York
09. Yuichiro Nishizawa, Artist, New York
10. Jin-Yo Mok and Gicheol Lee, Multimedia Artists, New York
About producer and curator, Doron Altaratz (VJ SPuTNiK) - Born and raised in Israel, he has a background in Photography, Motion Design and Live Video. In May 2004 he graduated from New York University’s Interactive Telecommunications Program (ITP). Currently he is working as a Motion Designer and Visual Jockey in New York. ( http://vjsputnik.com )