Signal Culture is an experimental media art residency located in Owego, New York. We are now accepting applications for our Artist in Residence program for the Winter 2018 season.
The Signal Culture Artist in Residence program offers time, space and studio access for artists in the field of experimental media art. The Artist Studio features a wide range of media tools, both new and old, for use in a real time audio/video/data processing system. Our philosophy is to create a space for experimentation and for artists to develop a dialogue with the range of tools available. As such, we do not expect artists to create finished works, rather we encourage our residents to spend time exploring conceptual and material practices. We do not accept undergraduate students or masters degree candidates.
In addition to the artist studio, resident spaces feature:
- Shared kitchen, common area, dining room and deck
- A private bedroom and work space
- Private bathroom for researcher/toolmaker residents, shared bathroom for artist residencies
- Shared fridge, pantry, kitchen appliances & dishes
- Shared library of printed, digital and time based media
- Easy access to shopping and events in Owego
For more information about the facilities, go to
Signal Culture is located 3.5 hours northwest of New York City. There is no fee for the residency, but you are responsible for your own transportation and for all your expenses.
Learn about our past residents:
Deadline for applications is November 3rd @ 11:59pm EST.
Download the application and instructions here: http://signalculture.org/apply.html