Studio XX’s residencies offer artists opportunities to experiment and create a new work (e.g. digital art, installation or performance). For a period of six weeks, resident artists have access to a private work station within a shared work area. Residents receive an artist fee, and enjoy free access to Studio XX equipment and workshops. The works produced during the residencies are presented to the public.
Application deadline: October 15th 2017
Studio XX offers a supportive environment for artists to exchange, define and explore creative work based on their own process and preoccupations. Artists can use the residency to develop an entirely new project or to expand a previous project.
- artists self-identifying as women, trans, and gender diverse;
- to be engaged in a digital, sound-based, or new media practice;
- works that can be explored or produced with the resources available at Studio XX (equipment, spatial and financial resources).
Studio XX team meets with each selected artist in order to develop the production schedule of the project.
- applications can be individual or collective;
- applications can be submitted in French or English;
- submissions are reviewed by a Selection Committee.
SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINES: REQUIRED INFORMATION