A.I.R. CALL FOR CURATORS
April 21, 2017 at 11:59pm
It's FREE to apply!
A.I.R. Gallery invites curators to submit proposals for our next CURRENTS exhibition that will take place between January 4 and February 4, 2018. CURRENTS began in 2010 as a timely and innovative biennial exhibition program. CURRENTS addresses contemporary issues that warrant expanded critical attention in the art world.
Proposals should describe an original concept for a group exhibition that can be aligned with the mission of A.I.R. Gallery, and refer to its relevance today. Your proposal should not include a selection of artists but should only focus on the concept of the exhibition and its importance for the institution and the audience. The selection of works will be made from a subsequent open call for artists after the curator has been selected. A.I.R. Gallery will publish a catalog of the exhibit, which will include images of the artwork and a written essay from the selected curator. A stipend will be available.
- Jury the submissions from the artists based on the curatorial framework in September 2018.
- Write a press release for the exhibition.
- Write a curatorial essay that will be included in the exhibition catalog.
- Define exhibition layout and design by providing a floor plan or SketchUp to A.I.R. Gallery.
- Propose a public program for the exhibition.
- Be available from December 19 - 22, 2017 to assist with installation of the work in the exhibition, and possibly an additional day between January 2 - 4, 2018.
- Be available for the opening between January 5 - January 7, 2018.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUBMISSION
- Provide a Curriculum Vitae.
- Submit a 500-word proposal for your exhibition and public program.
- Apply by April 21, 2017 at 11:59pm.
- The selected curator will be announced on June 1, 2017.