VP Call for Submissions - Still . Moving . Memory
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
STILL • MOVING • MEMORY
DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 16, 2007
Video Pool Media Arts Centre and Platform Centre for Photographic and Digital Arts are collaboratively seeking submissions for a solo exhibition to take place in April 2008.We are interested in work that explores the intersection, blurring and slippage between lens-based and time-based practices, in an effort to re-evaluate the aesthetic andconceptual boundaries between them.
The exhibition will be held at Platform. Please email Platform for a floor plan of the gallery. Platform Centre for Photographic and Digital Arts is an artist run centre for theexhibition, promotion, and production of photo-based art that fosters an environment ofcritical discourse for the regional, national and international arts community. Video Pool Media Arts Centre is a non-profit artist run centre dedicated to advancing the discipline of media art by providing media artists, non-profit organizations and community groups with access to professional video and media equipment, training, distribution and programming. A jury made up of programming committee members from both organizations will oversee the selection process.
1. C.V. or artist resume including current contact information (address, telephone # and e-mail) for the
2. A short description of the project including an outline of the project’s curatorial and / or critical objectives
3. The project title
4. Project year of completion and city of origin
5. A statement indicating if the artist(s) plan to be in attendance with the work and if so in what capacity they
would expect to participate in the exhibition
6. Support Material: Please do not send originals. Video Pool and Platform will not accept responsibility for
the loss or damage to support material. - Still images should be submitted on CD- Video support material
should be NTSC and submitted on either VHS, Mini DV or DVD. - Audio support material should be
submitted on CD
7. Audio, video and image list (detailing all accompanying work)
8. Please include a S.A.S.E. if you want support material returned.
* Fees are paid in accordance with the CARFAC rate scale
Inquiries can be directed to:
Video Pool Media Arts Centre
email Programming Coordinator
t: (204) 949-9134 ext. 1
Please send submissions to:
Still • Moving • Memory
c/o Video Pool Media Arts Centre
#300 - 100 Arthur St.
Winnipeg, MB R3B 1H3
Deadline: November 16, 2007
(submissions must be received by the deadline)