The School of Communication at Northern Arizona University invites applications for a lecturer of Visual Communication position (Graphic Design/Motion Design).
The visual communication program offers a creative and intellectually stimulating environment, with a history of over fifty years. We nurture our students to focus on their role as designers and their use of visual communication techniques and theory for various media and practices.
Responsibilities include teaching, advising at the undergraduate level, and service requirements. Candidate should have a strong knowledge of current industry-standard software (Adobe Creative Suite).
Courses taught are determined based on unit needs. The candidate should be able to contribute to the development of existing graphic design and motion design courses; and implement new course content at both entry and advanced levels.
This position is teaching focused, non-tenure eligible, at the rank of Lecturer. This position is expected to be continuing, with potential for promotion. Renewal is contingent on performance and department needs. The typical teaching load for a Lecturer is 4/4
• This position requires a Masters degree by August 2017.
• A complete application including portfolios of personal and student work.
• College or university-level teaching experience. Teaching Assistant experience is acceptable.
The following qualifications or documentation will add strength to candidacy:
• MFA degree in Visual Communication, Graphic Design, Motion Design or closely related field.
• Bachelor’s degree in Visual Communication, Graphic Design, Motion Design or closely related field.
• Ability to teach visual communication courses at the college or university level.
• Ability to teach principles of design and typography.
• Ability to teach undergraduate graphic design software (Adobe CC) as evidenced in student work.
• Professional experience in design related fields.
• Experience teaching online or hybrid courses.
• Evidence of teaching effectiveness (through sample syllabi and teaching statements).
• Experience working with individuals from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Please see the complete job description and directions for applying under faculty position #603041 on this Web site: http://nau.edu/Human-Resources/Careers/