Educational Technologies Assistant
Instructional Computing and Information Technology, Technology Teaching and Learning Group Hunter College
ICIT’s Technology Teaching and Learning Group (TTLG) endeavors to enrich the educational experience of students at Hunter College by encouraging the thoughtful integration of technology into the curriculum. Our team of educational technologists collaborate with faculty to foster the effective use of technologies for teaching and learning across all disciplines at Hunter College. The person in this position would assist our educational technologists with this work. Responsibilities include:
Position Description and Duties:
• Work with educational technologists to determine and support faculty goals for integrating technology in their curriculum.
• Assist faculty with a variety of technologies, including student response systems, video production and captioning, social media and emerging technologies.
• Create and maintain accounts for educational technologies that are being piloted at Hunter.
• Assist with creation of support materials for educational technologies supported by our group.
• Assist with development and maintenance of the group’s web site.
• Assist with face-to-face and online professional development events for faculty.
• Research and evaluate new technologies to address faculty goals.
• Work with other ICIT staff to ensure that faculty receive appropriate services.
• Computer fluency – Thorough knowledge of multiple applications such as graphics/video editing tools, social media and web-based applications. Familiarity with multiple browsers, platforms and mobile devices. Basic knowledge of media file types and sizes.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative to learn new technical skills and undertake new responsibilities.
• Good presentation, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work effectively with both ICIT technical staff and non-technical faculty/staff
• Familiarity with Digication, WordPress, YouTube and Blackboard or another course
management system is a plus.
Work hours: 32 hours/week
Compensation: $17.83 + benefits
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Educational Technologies Assistant” in the subject line.