Call for Works: Composers and Sound Artists
Receipt Deadline: Friday, March 23, 2007
Composers and sound artists are invited to submit original works to TRANSreveLATION, the second annual audio concert curated by Jim Briggs and Melissa Grey. Your composition must interpret a work from another discipline, such as, painting, sculpture, architecture, literature/poetry, new media, film/video, mathematical/chemical processes, or political/economic systems, etc. Works that include live performance, real-time processing, or dance will receive special consideration.
Work must have been composed after 2005 and must not have been performed or broadcast.
There is no limit on duration; however, works that are under 5 minutes will stand a better chance at being accepted.
To have your work considered, please provide the following on one page:
• Contact information: phone number, home address, and email address.
• Title/duration/media/year created
• Artist and Performer Bios (100 words)
• Program note (100 words or less) or artist statement about how your piece relates to the theme
• If the work will be a live performance, please note that you must provide all necessary performers/equipment/instruments. If available, include a DVD recording of a recent performance.
• Broadcast-quality recording of audio work on compact disc
• If you are submitting sound for video or film, please submit a broadcast-quality DVD of the work.
• Copy of score, if appropriate
Late or incomplete submissions will not be considered. If you would like to have your materials returned, please supply an SASE and the appropriate postage. Contact email@example.com for all inquiries. Accepted works will be announced by March 28. The concert will be held at The New School, NYC in late April 2007.
Mail submission to:
12 West 29th Street, second floor
New York, NY 10001 USA