Games as Tools for Architects, Urban Planners, Artists, Musicians, …
When the evangelists and the inventors of the notion of "Serious Games"
added "battlefield simulation" to health, heritage and art issues, we
thought it would be a good moment to replace the term
"serious" with "creative".
There is a Masters programme at Salford University in Manchester, which
offers an "MSc in Creative Games".
The philosophy of this programme in Creative Games is expressed through the following features:
* To integrate the fields of research of Creative Technology, Heritage
Studies, Digital Art, Interactive Media and to create a new discipline based on the application area of serious content driven games and the
possibilities of game engines for the Cultural and Creative Industries.
* To equip graduates with both the theoretical expertise and the practical skills to enter, and make an effective contribution to the growing area of Creative Games.
* Gaining specific skills in a number of areas including creative thinking, research methods, computer systems, visualization, multi-media, interactivity, and telematics.
* Developing the ability to think dynamically and creatively.
* Gaining the expertise to focus on a specific avenue of interest, carry out enquiries and experiment, and produce pioneering projects or realize
innovative working prototypes and solutions.
For more information write to