SAINT MARY'S COLLEGE OF CALIFORNIA - Moraga, CA
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR - DEPARTMENT OF ART & ART HISTORY
School of Liberal Arts
2008 Academic Year
Saint Mary’s College invites applications for a full time appointment as an Adjunct Professor in the Department of Art & Art History for the 2008 academic year. The position is scheduled to begin on August 1, 2008. Teaching responsibilities will consist of teaching five (5) to six (6) lower division courses in studio art foundations, Collegiate Seminar and the January term. Contractual responsibilities range between five (5) to a maximum of seven (7) course unit equivalents each academic year. In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to assume duties as an academic advisor and mentor; provide leadership in developing Department foundation offerings, actively participate in departmental service activities, Bay Area arts organizations and professional associations and on College committees. It is also expected that the successful candidate will undertake a program of scholarly activities in art education in a manner which invites the active participation by undergraduates.
• an earned doctorate or other terminal degree in Art Education, Visual Culture or highly related visual art field with a record of innovation in foundation courses, teaching excellence, scholarly research and publication in the field
• knowledge of recent national trends in art education including comprehensive models of art education, NAEA initiatives, and contemporary art education practice and theory
• strong knowledge base in a variety of art mediums
• familiarity with the application of current and emerging technologies to the disciplines of art education
• demonstrated ability to teach foundation courses in 2 and 3-D visual art production
Salary is competitive with excellent benefits package.
Please visit our website at www.stmarys-ca.edu for complete job details and an online application.
To apply, submit a letter of interest, resume, on-line application and the names of three (3) professional references. Finalists will be expected to sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry. Please forward all application materials to:
Professor Anna Novakov
Chair, Art and Art History Department
St. Mary’s College of California
1928 St. Mary’s Rd.
Moraga, CA 94575
Consideration of applications will begin on March 1, 2008 and continue until the position is filled.
Saint Mary's College of California is an equal opportunity employer.
Copyright ©2007 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency