We are looking for a New Media Tech at SUNY Purchase. To find out about the program, please visit http://www.purchase.edu/academics/interdisc/new_media.asp. Feel free to contact me with any questions. Please circulate.
Sincerely, Brooke Singer
Job Description and Application Information:
New Media Computer Technician - $40k deadline: July 1, 2005. Position to be filled by August 15th 2005
Purchase College/State University of New York seeks to hire an experienced computer technician to serve the New Media Program.
Requirements: The successful applicant will have at least a bachelor's degree, solid computer skills, including experience in video post-production and server administration, and the ability to communicate and work with faculty, student and technical staff.
Primary duties expected of the successful applicant include:
1. Maintain, administer, backup and supervise:
A 24 seat PC computer lab Adobe CS, Macromedia Flash and Dreamweaver, Java, MIDI and more
A 12 seat PC video editing/3D computer lab.
A Cross platform research lab of 4 workstations running appropriate software for student and faculty projects
Web servers used for class and program support.
2. Consult with the department faculty and participate in the planning, designing and equipping of the new digital media facilities as well as develop long range resource upgrade strategies.
3. Work collaboratively with faculty and staff to devise and support the successful implementation of technology in the classroom, including managing the allocation of server space.
4. Identify, train and supervise College Lab Assistants and student assistants appointed to the areas and facilities, which utilize computers and digital technology systems.
5. Help plan and then manage anticipated new technologies. Future capabilities could include running streaming audio and video and supporting peer-to-peer applications.
6. In addition to above technical responsibilities, the person would be available during specified hours to help students with video post-production and senior projects as well as mentor student technical workers.
Secondary duties include working with the Natural Sciences Computer Engineer on joint networking and computing efforts.
As the facilities evolve, there is a requirement as well as opportunity for continual learning and professional growth.
Send a letter describing qualifications and experience with a current resume and names of three references to:
c/o New Media Tech Support
Human Resources Office
Purchase, NY 10577
Women and minority applicants are encouraged to apply.