THIS IS A PAID CLASS. YOU MUST SEND A $25.00 PAYPAL DEPOSIT TO firstname.lastname@example.org TO RESERVE A PLACE. The total cost for the class is $100. The deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE. NO EXCEPTIONS.
THEATER, DANCE & VISUAL ARTS
MAX/MSP WIZARDRY FOR DIGITAL ALCHEMISTS
The computer is everywhere now. Running video and audio digitally is the standard procedure, but every show is unique and softwares always come with limited presets. We can provide you with tools that allow you customize your show in an almost infinite number of ways.
In this 8-hour immersive and intensive workshop you will learn the basics of using Max/MSP programming language to:
• Send images to multiple screens, use video mapping techniques to place your images wherever you want
• Use your iPhone as a live camera feed
• Control both conventional and LED lights with your computer
• Build sophisticated audio players that can place sound according to space
• Get a microphone control with simulation of reverberation in various spaces
• Set up the Wiimote controller as a versatile and reliable interactivity device
• Explore interaction between performers and the technical aspects of your show
CONTROL & REACT
• Control your gear with an iPad
• Create simple and personalized queueing systems
• Create customized software that can integrate everything you need (light, video, sound, microphones, interactivity, etc.). This software can be run from a single computer and be operated by a single person in a very easy and comfortable way: this means less people needed for running the show, less machines and cables, and less tech rehearsal time!
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR:
Belquer is an intermedia artist based in NYC since April 2014. His latest live performances, workshops, collaborations and installations have been presented at Harvestworks (NY), 3 Legged Dog (NY), The Dark Circuits Festival (NY), Emily Harvey Gallery (NY), Parsons School of Design (NY), Agora Arts Center (Berlin), SESC Copacabana (Rio - Brazil), Condominio Cultural (São Paulo - Brazil), FIART (Brasilia - Brazil), among other spaces. He works as an Independent Contractor at Harvestworks Digital Media Arts Center (NY). His research focus on the relation between machine and metaphysics, questioning the relationship between conscience, reality and social conventions.
website: www.belquer.com (under radical reformation!)