Deadline to apply: 15th of February 2013
This program offers research-creation
assistance to local and national artists and artist collectives for the creation of digital arts, installation and performance projects. The residency provides space and equipment at Rustines|Lab for the production of a three(3)- to six(6)-week researchcreation project. A curator, critic or theoretician will be invited to collaborate with the artist-in-residence to draft a text on the researchcreation project or on the artist’s creative process.
Residencies are privileged moments for reflection and creativity in the evolution of an artist’s practice. This program seeks to offer the
artists a space of encounter to support the development of a creative process. Meeting with the artist and drafting of a text, an author will participate in the process and in the artist’s reflection on his or her work.
• To be engaged in media , audio or digital arts practice .
• The artistic merit of the applicant.
• A resumé and a biography;
• An artist statement;
• Audiovisual support material (Website or DVD);
• A statement regarding desired residency periods.
TERMS OF THE RESIDENCY
• The residency lasts from 3 to 6 weeks;
• An artist fee of $1,750 is provided;
• A $300-production budget is available, for purchasing equipment or for hiring specialized
• The artist in residence will have full and exclusive access to Rustines|Lab;
• The artist in residence will have access to the Lab equipment;
• A selected author will write a critical text either on the artist’s work or on a specific project;
• The author is chosen by Perte de Signal:
• This year, the centre will not fund the resident’s accommodation or transportation (if applicable).
• Deadline is February 15 every year;
• Application may be individual or collective;
• Information requests and submissions should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org;
• Additional support material should follow by regular mail;
• Application may be submitted in either French or English;
• Rustines|Lab hosts one residency per year.
Blake Carrington (Brooklyn), Lynn Pook
(Berlin), Pascale Barret (Bruxelles). Bruno Rebeiro aka NOHISTA (Paris).